WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Oct 6, 2008
condemned_ward_004.jpg

Still cracking away at this...

Hey Rexy, why do you have different sized bricks - top to bottom? You almost never ever see this in cinderblock buildings.

It looks great and I wish I could get back into my 3Dstudio Max stuff - but when I was looking at it I thought - really great image but what is it that's throwing it off just a touch - maybe it's the different sized bricks.

or maybe do the small ones the 2 rows of the larger cinders (for the rainbow) and then same ones on the bottom on the top to give it a continuity feel to it.

also make the rainbow a little older by destressing it a bit. there's also that 1 ceiling tile that's perfectly straight even tough something has come down from the cieling to bend the post - maybe it should be angled slightly?

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
My only problem with it is the bump mapping on the polystirene tiles. It's unnecassery and makes the tiles look repetitive, even though they probably aren't so identical if you look at them from a less acute angle. Polystirene tiles are usually flat and it looks weird that they have that shadow.

Sep 1, 2009
Blu spawnroom !

2012-06-09_00001.jpg

I have a playable version of the map but the bsp makes 120 Mb, need to check my lightmaps !

Any signs or 'keep safe' signs?
However that is very good looking at th'e moment :3

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
ITT: we nitpick rexy's photorealistic render that most people would struggle to differentiate from reality.

As nice as it is, if you're having trouble distinguishing his scene from reality you don't go out enough.

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
I would argue the exact opposite, people who don't sit inside and play lots of computer games would glance at this and assume it's real. The only reason we can nitpick it is because we play lots of videogames and create content for them too. I'm using the term "we" here loosely since all you seem to contribute is "witty" retorts.

EDIT: I've been drinking. :3

Last edited:
May 2, 2009
I think your middle point looks a bit bland compared to the other points which are interesting and have good use of construction pack. The cap point seems to been just added on top of some planks. I've personally have always thought those cap point models to be inmobile and some way bolted on the ground. Maybe this is why I find the middle so odd, how could you bolt it on some random planks.

My suggestion would be make the planks to look like they cover some hole on the ground or somehow make the point more visible. Make it more interesting to watch. Make it something that players memorize like middle on Foundry.

It also seems to be hard to tell from these images where the player should be going or where the enemy is coming (this might be becouse I haven't played your map, giving my opinions from images or haven't run through it as a player from player hight).

Hopefully my post is clear enough and hopefully helpfull.

LMFAO

Banned
Jun 14, 2012

I like how you designed the capture point area with torches with bright lights. I also like how there is some crumbled rock, representing that something must have knocked it over. I could see the skybox, or very little detail if I recall outside that image.

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
It also seems to be hard to tell from these images where the player should be going or where the enemy is coming (this might be becouse I haven't played your map, giving my opinions from images or haven't run through it as a player from player hight)..
The layout is pretty straight forward so I did not feel the need to add more directions. In general, enemies will be coming from EVERYWHERE and you will be flanked. that's just how vanguard works.

I think you have a point with the middle capture area. I'll see what can be done about that