WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

T

The Asylum

One is enough, believe me.

It's actually a Medieval 2Fort, Teu Forte. Like almost any funmap I make, I make it just to see if I can make it work

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I think a lot of people have started to make Teufort at one time or another. I almost did it, then realized what a spectacular waste of energy and time it would be.

AyesDyef

L2: Junior Member
Jun 12, 2009
knifey.jpg

Spoilers, it's a knife.

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
working on Hella's black hole lately

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWAnrY5FEQc

still needs some more work towards the center and maybe a bit of coloring

LIKE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE HLAUGHAUHGALGHU

I like how it is coming along so far, I would definitely have the outside edge more blurred together so you can't see each leg that is coming out. Also I can see it repeating over the short time it goes cause of the density change towards the middle. Maybe if you have the animation longer and over time it gets more intense on the inside and then fades back out to less intense would be a better transition.

GenEn

L1: Registered
Jul 16, 2010
penrose.png

Keeps saying "Invalid Object- Must remove." Any ideas how to fix this?

Yacan1

D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R
aa
Nov 7, 2010
that's actually pretty cool GenEn. :)

Jan 8, 2011
Just put that in the center of a map and see what people do.

aperson

Sep 9, 2011
heya everyone. I'm a novice mapper, and I recently started a new map. Anyways this is going to be my final cap. This is about an hour of bored, half work for me.

final_cap_preview.JPG

any suggestions are appreciated/wanted.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
I think you are better off having those two big blocky stairs on both sides of the point as ramps.
Nobody likes jumping on platform to platform when it is right next to final cp, where there will loads of players shooting at you, and when it is main route to the point.

aperson

Sep 9, 2011
I think you are better off having those two big blocky stairs on both sides of the point as ramps.
Nobody likes jumping on platform to platform when it is right next to final cp, where there will loads of players shooting at you, and when it is main route to the point.

Ah alright. I was planning to have those platforms being the spawn exits, but I've been iffy on that ever since I started working on this. it feels like that would cause this map to become a Spam fest. Getting onto the point is another problem for me. I'm wondering what I should do there. I was thinking two simple ramps on the side similar to dust bowl. but with this being the final cap I think it may be beneficial for me to use something else though.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
the enormous red concrete wall in the skybox confuses and infuriates Penguin!