WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
In this case tough, i think it blends in and looks good.

Only because the lighting is low and of the same colour ambience. If it was better lit it'd be more obvious, hell i managed to notice so so so will others. The fact that it looks sort of like a TF2 texture means it'll be easier to convert and the effort should probably be made to do so.

Last edited:

Yacan1

D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R
aa
Nov 7, 2010
lSzpB.jpg

Jan 8, 2011
A Portal 2 themed TF2 map? That'll be good if you can pull it off.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Yacan what the fuck are you doing

AgeNt_

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 12, 2009
Hot damn, thats looking great. One beef I have with it is the lighting. Looks waaaay to orange/yellow. Remember, a colored light that leans a bit too much to the blue/red side can have drastic gameplay faults. Id suggest whitening and yellowing it up a bit.

The inside spytech area doesnt look spytech enough. You would need to add more monitors around the area alongside those old style computers. Also maybe add some railings and trim to the walkways.

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
You should probably make the map brighter. Telling team colours at a distance is hard enough without it being the worse half of dusk.

It's safe to have your map slightly brighter than the ambient colour of the skybox.

English Mobster

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 10, 2011
Hot damn, thats looking great. One beef I have with it is the lighting. Looks waaaay to orange/yellow. Remember, a colored light that leans a bit too much to the blue/red side can have drastic gameplay faults. Id suggest whitening and yellowing it up a bit.
You should probably make the map brighter. Telling team colours at a distance is hard enough without it being the worse half of dusk.

It's safe to have your map slightly brighter than the ambient colour of the skybox.
Yeah, that's one thing I was having issues with. I wanted it to match the pink of the skybox (I'm also not satisfied with my custom sky, but that's a bit of an easy fix), but I didn't want it to be too pink or too dark.

As for interior lighting, in neutral areas it's RGB 225 225 200, in RED areas it's 255 200 200, and in BLU spawn it's 200 200 255. I may balance out the lighting a little bit; there's some color correction going on as well, and it washes a lot of stuff out.
It's an alpha (a pretty alpha, but still an alpha), so I'll have the lighting tweaked a bit more for A2.

The inside spytech area doesnt look spytech enough. You would need to add more monitors around the area alongside those old style computers. Also maybe add some railings and trim to the walkways.
I'm not quite finished detailing the Spytech area; I promised the chat I would have an alpha ready on Monday, then Monday turned to Tuesday, then the release date became Thursday, and on Friday, the map was sealed, it played alright, my framerate was alright, and I wanted to get some gameplay testing in over the weekend, so I released a stable build and am just now getting back to detailing.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
You should put those images into dropbox's public folder, we can't see the images as we are not sharing your pc.

EDIT: Me and prestige just post our posts same time.

Jan 8, 2011
You should put those images into dropbox's public folder, we can't see the images as we are not sharing your pc.

EDIT: Me and prestige just post our posts same time.

It's like you're telepathic, but with less soy sauce.