WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013

2011-09-11_00005%20(2).jpg

AgeNt_

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 12, 2009
I think what you are looking for is depth. The ceiling right now looks flat and barren. You can look up some sorts of architecture for ceilings and some tf2 maps for reference. I think the ropes look fine but it does seem a bit overkill. At least add some variation in the distance of them or the hang.

soylent robot

L420: High Member
May 26, 2009
well, uh, this is what i think

2011-09-11_00001.jpg

looks nice, tho it looks like theres nothing to stop red building sentry nests on the low roof above the spawn exits, which will be damn hard for blu to shift from that angle. also, it looks like the little dam at the end is right next to the start. actually the map looks like one large area

2011-09-11_00002.jpg

that square slopy stairy thing next to the point is just weird

2011-09-11_00003.jpg

you can see three capture points from this one position. thats Bad

2011-09-11_00004.jpg

can players even get up/down that ramp without riding the cart? that will be very hard, if not impossible, to get across for blu, as red soldiers could jsut knock them off into what is probably that death pit. also, stop the ugly shadows by turning the shadows off on your tracks

2011-09-11_00005.jpg

this looks like the final point. does red even have a spawn? can blu just walk to here right from their spawn? and yes, skybox prop in the Not Skybox is a big no no

to be brutally honest, i would scrap it and start again. plan your map on paper or something before you build it. give each capture zone its own area focused around that point, and also have it so that you can see no other capture point from each one.

Last edited:

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I finally got my "War Room" looking decent:
pl_batt_engmob_a20001.jpg

Those lights are strange, you're gonna want to use some other kind of spotlight. Flesh out the ceiling more like Frozen said. Spread the wires out so they aren't so concentrated and maybe lose a few. Put trims around the maps so they don't look like they were broken out of a larger map. I'd recommend losing a couple intel models and using instead binders or books or coffee mugs or anything like that.

Kiddnils

L3: Member
Sep 2, 2011
well, uh, this is what i think

2011-09-11_00001.jpg

looks nice, tho it looks like theres nothing to stop red building sentry nests on the low roof above the spawn exits, which will be damn hard for blu to shift from that angle. also, it looks like the little dam at the end is right next to the start. actually the map looks like one large area

Thank you, I will fix the Spawncamping. Also I will cut my map into little pieces.

2011-09-11_00002.jpg

that square slopy stairy thing next to the point is just weird

Yeah I will remove it

2011-09-11_00003.jpg

you can see three capture points from this one position. thats Bad

Thank you for this hint

2011-09-11_00004.jpg

can players even get up/down that ramp without riding the cart? that will be very hard, if not impossible, to get across for blu, as red soldiers could jsut knock them off into what is probably that death pit. also, stop the ugly shadows by turning the shadows off on your tracks

I think I will make maybe a bridge and yes I will turn the shadows off.

2011-09-11_00005.jpg

this looks like the final point. does red even have a spawn? can blu just walk to here right from their spawn? and yes, skybox prop in the Not Skybox is a big no no

Yes this is the final Point. The Red Spawn isnt finished yet( not even started) and Blue shouldnt be able to walk there from their spawn.

to be brutally honest, i would scrap it and start again. plan your map on paper or something before you build it. give each capture zone its own area focused around that point, and also have it so that you can see no other capture point from each one.

Actually I plan my map on a paper ( I fail ). But I wont scrap my map. Anyways thank you very much!

:p

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
> grazr says "hella weird"
> yyler posts hella
>
Ajb17.jpg

Jan 8, 2011
I finally got my "War Room" looking decent:
pl_batt_engmob_a20001.jpg

So first off, I agree about fleshing out the roof, like everyone else. I actually like those lights, but it looks to me (from this angle at least) that they're just suspended from the roof with wires, and not actually connected. Love it besides that :thumbup:

Sep 1, 2009
Also May I add that Could the wires have brackets of some sort. It just doesn't feel right for them to hang into the wall like spagetti.