seba for 1.8 op

s4op

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
7AwdM.png

Okrag told me to do it.

EDIT: I was not fully aware of what was going on when I really posted this. BUT I do agree and endorse what ABS suggested, which was a RANDOM seed. Whats the point of being a community and exploring the new world if we already know what it looks like?

Last edited:

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I think random generation sounds like the best idea. It is indeed more fun to go explore without knowing what we'll find. The world generator has been vastly improved anyway, so I reckon we're bound to found awesome things no matter what sort of world we end up in.

Unless we end up in an ocean biome, I guess, since that would mean we'd have to spread out and possibly travel very far to find dry land/interesting stuff.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
What about if we use a seed that is somewhat relevant to our community? For example, TF2Maps.net, TF2Maps, TF2Mappers, or tf2maps.net. Maybe the server IP?

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Unless we end up in an ocean biome, I guess, since that would mean we'd have to spread out and possibly travel very far to find dry land/interesting stuff.
I still think that would be really fun. By yourself? not so much. with everybody joining at the start on voice chat and exploring? Yes.

Mr. Wimples

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 27, 2010
I'm with booj on this one. It'd be real interesting and fun to have something like that happen, maybe enough to where we should TRY and find a spawn in the middle of nowhere. But that's just me.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
server's updated => everyone joins => Matt leaves => server crashes

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I think something is terribly wrong with the server.

It's nearly impossible to go anywhere because it takes several seconds to load every chunk, so I have to keep stopping before I can keep moving so the next part of the world will load in. I get disconnected every minute or less (sometimes, ohh, 10 seconds?) because of an "End of stream" error. When I first entered the server I was attacked by invisible mobs only to see a horde of spiders and skeletons laggily following in the footsteps I took minutes ago. Oh, and I guess I'll also mention that actions such as dropping blocks or hitting mobs tends to have a few seconds of latency, which can get on my nerves, but that's hardly the big issue. I know I should expect some lag because it's a US server and all, but this is beyond "some lag".

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Damn people ignoring EU dudes >:| someone PM me the IP plz, hopefully i havn't missed anything yet and can still get involved in the starting party.