We have a Minecraft Server!

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
My favourite part about that, Snark, is Super on top of his hat.

Rasputin

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2008
Grah, I've got to come up with a project more engrossing than making my house not look like fecal matter.

Ideas: Dojo, Warrior training yard, proving grounds, jousting court...

Something war or battle related.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Little has changed since that one, since hardly anyone is playing anymore. Except that when I asked matt for a lightmap render so I could determine where the damn mobs were spawning in town we discovered someone had ran like 7k units straight out in the opposite direction of those two nether-warp 'islands' >_> So there probably won't be another render like that, since it would take a stupid amount of time for showing very little new stuff.

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
Yea, i mostly wanted to use it to navigate through the biomes until i could craft a map. The old one sufficed and it's also kinda my own fault for building my house in a forest, in a ravine. Makes finding it a massive bitch, lol.

Perhaps in future it might be sensible to operate a certain amount of control over nether portals to prevent that from happening. Like only having one communual portal to prevent "nether islands" when they make another portal back. I dunno how anyone would feel about that... but it's all for the sake of stability and everyone elses ease of play/enjoyment.

One person pissing about has pretty much broken the world renderer for everone.

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Well I was hoping matt can find/make a plugin that prevents the creation of outgoing portals beyond the equivalent distance of our overworld limit. In addition, since I recently bothered to set up a point-to-point nether tunnel with manual portal building rather than auto-created ones I have quite a grasp on how they work. I was thinking I could be the guy in charge of creating a nether transportation network in the next world so we can get around easily.

Lord Ned

L420: High Member
Feb 11, 2008
Well I was hoping matt can find/make a plugin that prevents the creation of outgoing portals beyond the equivalent distance of our overworld limit. In addition, since I recently bothered to set up a point-to-point nether tunnel with manual portal building rather than auto-created ones I have quite a grasp on how they work. I was thinking I could be the guy in charge of creating a nether transportation network in the next world so we can get around easily.

I'm all for this, though disabling all portals (except pre-specified ones) might get a bit tricky. Disabling outgoing-nether portals is e-z.

You could always edit out and delete the map chunks from that far off area using MCedit if you want to make the map renderer work again.

And when the player re-spawns out there and re-generates the chunks?

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008

Dark

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 27, 2009
I sure hope we are. The new world should be strictly regulated, enough of this free market libertarian crap. Matt becomes our leader in chief. Chunks my apply for chunk-hood once they reach 10 players who declare their house there. Upon reaching chunk-hood you may send 2 delegates to the senate, and 1 to the house per 5 players. Basic server rules make up the constitution, but additional rules may be added as long as each chunk-hood chunk agrees that they increase player liberty.
Us history class at work.

The story behind the 7k trip was a player looking for snow, btw.
not going to say any names though

___ crackle pop rice krispies