We have a Minecraft Server!

WastedMeerkat

L3: Member
Aug 15, 2009
I'm all for this, though disabling all portals (except pre-specified ones) might get a bit tricky. Disabling outgoing-nether portals is e-z.

And when the player re-spawns out there and re-generates the chunks?

Maybe there's some way to detect who triggers the generation of specific chunks? If that's possible, then you could just yell at the person who triggers the generation of those chunks again. If they don't listen, use the banhammer. Or maybe there's some mod that will actually set a hard limit on the borders of the world so that it won't generate chunks after a certain point? That seems a little more reasonable.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Minecraft 1.0, restart server?

So, very recently Minecraft 1.0 was released. I was wondering if we're going to restart the server and start playing this game again, with proper rules. I really hope Matt (I think he runs the server?) will be motivated again to put the server back on and apply some rules, so I won't build a massive cobblestone castle again.

Respond!

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Matt's waiting for all the mods we use to be properly released so we can restart. Those will probably include bukkit, big brother, and that 1000m exploring limit.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Ah thanks, Frozen, thought this thread was dead.

And yeah it's probably better to wait until all the plugins are released, so we won't kill the server like last time. :p

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Matt updated the server yay

Read the rules in the spawn area before doing anything OR BE DESTROYED

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Oh my :O

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Are there actually any mods on the server now? The function '/home' doesn't seem to work, nor any other functions. Also, more people should join! I have only seen like 5 guys in total, and playing alone is pretty boring! ^^

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Did the player whitelist get reset or something? I just get "failed to connect" alert messages. I remember not being able to connect to this server in the past so i had to throw the IP into my host file, i only just realised it's the same IP so now i dunno what to do since apparently that isn't letting me connect anymore.

edit: nvm, direct connect works.

Last edited: