Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack

Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack 2014-11-06

XFunc_CaRteR

L5: Dapper Member
May 14, 2009
Your libraries are great. (I've credited them before in my mapping endeavours.)

Two questions:

First, how do we get to the soundscape library? Is it a .vmf file? (If so I can't find it.)

Second, would you grant me (or others) permission to use your soundscape library in the Artpass contest?

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
The soundscape library is actually more of a gallery, I should probably name it that. It's a bsp and is put where it need to go for you to load it in-game. (map abs_soundscape_library in console)

and I can't give you permission there isn't permission to give :p It's all stock soundscapes, just laid out easy to listen to. Use it all you want.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I was looking through this thread again and I read the bit about determining how far along stage 3 carts are in Payload Race. A thought occurs, why use 2 and 3 for RED and BLU wins instead of 1 and 2?

Black Jack

L1: Registered
Oct 10, 2010
You are probably one of the most useful people I have had IN MY LIFE so far.
Dude, I love you, you are great.
I hope I meet you in games sometime.
You are my god. I praise you. Here have my babies

*Hands over small children*

MadKing

Oct 21, 2010
I can't seem to find the library. I have turned on VisGroups, but do not know where to go form there :(

Anyway, thanks for the awsomness that this resource is!

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
It is a map file, you need to open it like you would any other map you are working on. Then you can switch between the two (Window menu or ctrl+tab) to copy/paste items.

Portalboat

Jul 17, 2010
Hey ABS, can you add some doors that open left and right in the next version? And is it possible to make a right and left preset for the func_door, like the up and down ones?

Poison {TF2}

Oct 23, 2010
I can't get the download to do anything. It just shows a brown square with the TF2 logo thing and nothing else is happening. I have windows 7. Is there a mirror I could use?

Poison {TF2}

Oct 23, 2010
Thanks! It is working now you might want to update the first post with that link.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I can't get the download to do anything. It just shows a brown square with the TF2 logo thing and nothing else is happening. I have windows 7. Is there a mirror I could use?

BB code is currently broken (as Booj said, it's the new skin) so url tags wont work when linked through an image.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Everybody know what time it is? :D

Khuntza

L4: Comfortable Member
Dec 29, 2009
Excited for the new version :)

Seconded!

This pack really is invaluable. I don't even open hammer without opening a 2nd instance with the prop library open. I haven't even used the hammer prop browser since mapping for HL2DM.

I guess this update may take a while though, with all Rexy's models from Manor and with the whole swamp pack to be added also..

ABS, do we even need to ask if you are all over this? I assume that its just a given.
Any rough time frame for the next update?

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
He's been adding and changing elements in the prop library. Nature's got a boost.

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
I don't even open hammer without opening a 2nd instance with the prop library open.
Uhh... Hammer is a multi-document interface just like Word or Photoshop. You can open as many maps in one instance of Hammer as you want.

(and yes, I'm working on this, and it is driving me mad, and I don't have an eta because it's long for many reasons)

Khuntza

L4: Comfortable Member
Dec 29, 2009
Uhh... Hammer is a multi-document interface just like Word or Photoshop. You can open as many maps in one instance of Hammer as you want.

(and yes, I'm working on this, and it is driving me mad, and I don't have an eta because it's long for many reasons)

Yeah, I know its multi-document.. I run eyefinity, its easier for me to have hammer open on two monitors.. less minimising and mucking about. Anyway, my workflow wasn't the point I was making.

Just wanted to post some support as I find the resource pack infinitely useful.

Keep up the good work ABS! Its appreciated.

Last edited: