Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack

Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack 2014-11-06

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Also I can't find where they use the gold brick they added. I flew through all four of the maps with everything except props invisible and got nothing.

Reactor

L1: Registered
Jul 16, 2010
MRP_TT.png

17 tool textures now with the "tf" keyword! Now you don't have to remove the keyword every time you want to get a new tool texture.
If you find any materials missing the keyword or something you think should have it, let me know!

That made me fall in love with you. Just saying. That was the biggest headache ever. Oh, and aren't the egypt textures seperate from tf?

Reactor

Jul 16, 2010
You should add the development textures too, especially with this contest, you'll see the reflective ones a lot.

Jayden

Jul 28, 2010
having some trouble adding prefab path_tracks to an existing track, can't find any documentation about how to merge it in, halp?

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Use objects mode to select things inside the prefab group. Then just hook up the first/last prefab paths to the existing ones on either side. The skip brush arrow/triangle indicates the direction the paths are set for travel, so the one by the arrow is the first.

Jayden

Jul 28, 2010
Not only does the man create a beastly res_pack for us, but he also responds like FUKKEN LIGHTNING. So pro.

I assume deleteing path nodes are just as easy? I'm afraid of messing around with them too much, dont want to mess up my path?

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
Yes. The curves have paths end-to-end and can be directly connected if you want a straight track between them. If you want two curves in immediate succession then you'll want to delete an end path on either of them so there are not two paths directly (or nearly directly) on top of each other.
(I'm guessing that might be what you are thinking about, but basically if you delete any just re-link the ones on either side)

Scotland Tom

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 19, 2008
I'm having to reinstall this (because I both need an updated version and I lost all my mapping stuff in a HDD crash), but the installer can't locate the SDK. Could that have anything to do with the fact that it's installed on my D drive instead of the default C drive?

I can do a manual install by opening up the .exe with 7-zip, but I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me where to install all the files.

Jayden

Jul 28, 2010
Does this include a gametype where both teams can push the cart to the enemies base to blow it up?

combine

L3: Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nice job.Now are you going to add the new training content? Valve has some training entities that they did not give to the community.It would also be useful if you updated every month unless there is nothing more to put into it.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Actually, this bump reminds me that the Egypt stuff isn't tagged as being in TF either.

Maybe that's already been said. I haven't read the entire thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
combine: seriously? I try to be polite to people who have questions, comments or issues with this, but you've kinda struck a nerve posting with your apparent lack of reading or investigation and I find it somewhat insulting.
The training entities are already in my pack. It's listed in the changelog too. It was updated just days after they came out, like with most TF2 content updates that are relevant to mapping.
Also as the changelog shows, I've updated this 29 times in the 21 months since the initial prop library release. There hasn't been one since July because nothing mapping related has been added to TF2, and I haven't otherwise accumulated enough small additions to warrant an update.

yyler: Thanks, it's on my list of things to do though. Once the current contest is over and I wind down from it I'll be going through and making an update with a bunch of miscellaneous fixes and additions.

KillerSim

Sep 12, 2010
Installer finder problem

I have source sdk, and the subsequent bases, installed, however when I run the installer it says it can't find it and to install Source SDK.

megawac

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 2, 2009
Hey, next version can you add "parent" for the func_capturezone entity - it shouldnt be much work because apparently valve removed the property in a rogue update but it still works on my old maps or maps i compile with the "invalid" property.

Just kind of bugs me because this a necessary feature in my map and there was no reason for it not to be there.

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
It's never been in valve's FGD, and it has been in mine since the beginning. If it disappeared on you it sounds like my FGD stopped being used... or something :s