Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack

Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack 2014-11-06

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Ok, I got the FGD updated with the new entities. I'll have an update out again when Valve releases their SDK update if there is anything I missed or explained wrong, plus I'll make some icons for the entities (figured you all would rather have it now without them).

A few important notes:

Teleporters are very unstable, if they are unassigned to a player they will cause a crash when used. You must assign an owner using the SetBuilder input. If you send it with ent_fire they will be assigned to you, but the proper use is to have a bot_generator (preferrably spawning an engineer) use OnSpawned to send SetBuilder, thus assigning them to that bot. If the assigned player leaves the server, the teleporters will detonate like normal ones.
The input is also available on sentries and dispensers too, though they don't cause any crash issues without an owner.

If you find any other "commands" that work for the generator/action_point, let me know. I tried a handful and nothing worked except the two I have on there, which Valve was using.

shaneod

L1: Registered
Feb 16, 2010
Thanks for this :)
5 Starred
Also: In case it wasn't obvious enough, I am Shane on tf2 maps chat

zero_rogue

L1: Registered
Sep 15, 2009
It seems you forgot the StartDisabled property on bot_generator entity.

Thanks for the new fdg, Already hard at work with the new bot entities ^_^

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
Something I've done with the doors, which I would like to see done in the pack, is added user1 and user2 outputs to open and close the doors on the trigger entities. This is useful for humiliation round, as it allows you to easily fling all the doors open, and could have some applications on the other prefabs.

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
I don't really understand how using UserIO is helpful there, care to explain? For one, all filters go inactive during humiliation so team-locks are not a bother, and if you wanted to open ALL doors you could just target the entire classname func_door and send it the open input.

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
There we go, big-ish update.

A few things of note:
• team_round_timer can now count up from zero
• payload system can now be handled almost entirely by code built into the team_train_watcher
• path_tracks now have a roll-forward flag

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
I don't really know what your question is... paths have both roll forward and roll back flags. The watcher can now handle both entirely by itself. The old methods will still work though.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Whoa! Supah soivice!

Anyone know why they added a new raygun that's identical to the original? It's not a dynamic model with an explosion animation, so I'm stumped.

Jan 31, 2008
About single stage plr:

If valve decides to make one then I will add it to the library, until then it stays with all other custom modes

Just a little heads up in case you forgot :)

honeymustard

L9: Fashionable Member
Oct 26, 2009
The blocklight texture doesn't seem to show up now in decompiled maps (e.g. badwater) - it just shows up as nodraw. Not sure if it's a problem with the pack or what.

Nov 14, 2009
Whoa! Supah soivice!

Anyone know why they added a new raygun that's identical to the original? It's not a dynamic model with an explosion animation, so I'm stumped.

Skip what I said before.

I checked the Hightower VMF, and the reason for it is that when the explosion sequence plays, it sends a kill to the dish/raygun, whomever wins. Therefore, the explosion doesnt leave behind a whole dish/raygun.

Last edited: