The "trainyard crane" prop set breaks the laws of physics

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Kataiser, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Kataiser

Kataiser L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

Is there any way to make the ropes connect properly? I also intend for the crane to (appear to) move vertically instead of horizontally, so how could I make that work with props?

2. Gabe Noodle from Volvo

Gabe Noodle from Volvo L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    There's probably a prop or brush that connects them in the map, or there may be a seperate version of each piece. As for making it move, set it to a prop_dynamic and set it's parent to a func_tracktrain. Here's the dev wiki page for track trains https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Func_tracktrain, and here's a tutorial on this site http://tf2maps.net/threads/tutorial-trains-the-easy-way.11495/.

3. FerJox22

FerJox22 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    That's not the prop set you're looking for. I mean, just look at this:
    [​IMG]
    The prop at the top is definitely different. Plus, the platform looks physically unrealistic if it's hanging in mid-air.

4. Dr. Orange

Dr. Orange L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    You could probably try to put some ropes (move_rope, keyframe_rope) in the air between the models' ropes.

5. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Actually they look like the same prop, only with extra little crane props attached.

Incidentally, if you're having trouble recreating that prop setup by yourself, you can always download the decompiled version of Well and copy-paste the point into your own map. Trust me, no-one will mind. ;)

6. Kataiser

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you all! I basically just needed an example of where the props were used in another map.

7. Turnip

aa Turnip The 80s Vegetable

Positive Ratings:
    Arent those little crane props in the ABS prop library?

8. Kataiser

Positive Ratings:
    Nope.