The Tough Break Update is Coming...

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Snowycoast had a good reception on tf2maps playtests... I just hope that the general playing populace enjoys it as well. Also, we don't have a nervous smiley, heh.

I've played both vanguard and landfall before, and I think they're both really solid, well playing, and good looking maps. Yeah, minor nitpick on lacking a lot of team colouring for ctf_landfall, but it's still quite good. Haven't played highpass, though I walked it on a local server and it looks really great so I'm looking forward to trying that one in an actual game.

Congratulations to the vanguard, highpass and landfall mapping teams. Very well deserved imo. :)

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Nope, no changes from me from B4, but B4 fixed the significant problems. I only had minor things in mind if I did change anything... some tweaks to last to make it a touch easier for RED to defend, and changing the way the 1st RED spawn moves people to the last RED spawn when 2nd is capped.

Valve was amenable to Freyja's changes to suijin after release, so I'll just keep an eye out for feedback and if there's anything critical or annoying, I'll ask them if I can update/fix any problems.

DannyRand

L2: Junior Member
Jun 8, 2013
Was a huge fan of Snowycoast, so i'm very happy to see it made the update and congrats to all the other mappers/contributors.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
The Pyro's basically a support class now. I don't know why it was ever an offense class to begin with honestly.
Sooooo...... Engineer without the buildings?

How did we go from class that is on the front lines reflecting things/skill-taking weapon combos/checking Spies to the class that's staying behind being the new turtle next to Engineer?

Uncuepa

aa
Oct 25, 2014
The Pyro's basically a support class now.

I've been using the stock flamethrower for years. This update just made it more viable at distance. How is it a support class? I frequently top the team in kills using the stock but no, having the straight upgrade weapon brought back down to the same level as stock means dead class.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
I've been using the stock flamethrower for years. This update just made it more viable at distance. How is it a support class? I frequently top the team in kills using the stock but no, having the straight upgrade weapon brought back down to the same level as stock means dead class.
The straight upgrade weapon's addition to the game changed the way Pyro was and still is played. It shouldn't be nerfed into uselessness until the whole class gets a big overhaul.

nitewalker

L2: Junior Member
Aug 5, 2014
The straight upgrade weapon's addition to the game changed the way Pyro was and still is played. It shouldn't be nerfed into uselessness until the whole class gets a big overhaul.
you get two fewer airblasts and almost no change in switch speed at all due to the lowered switch speed for everyone, in what way is this a major nerf?

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
it doesn't even try to color-code the team bases. That's really only acceptable in Arena and maybe, MAYBE King of the Hill because the only thing that matters there is where the control point is.
Because clearly it's fun to end up running towards the enemy respawn when you're low on health.

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
/thread

Excited to get one of my maps in, alongside the other great community maps in the game! Thanks for being an awesome community tf2maps!

I know I'm quite excited about Landfall, since I was always a fan of the map. Any word if it's set up for Mannpower? (Because grappling hoooooooooooooooooooooooks!)

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Fucking god, the Phlog buff made an already bullshit weapon intolerable. Like holy fuck! every server I've joined on this new update I was spawn camped by Phlog Pyros. I hope they nerf that thing like the Dead Ringer, and we never see it again.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
You guys need to bear in mind that the Phlog buff is possibly the tiniest weapon buff in the history of TF2 weapons. It removes the miniscule damage penalty and makes the Pyro invulnerable and immune to knockback for only the three seconds he's standing still and taunting. It's almost as if there was no change in the first place.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
The Phlog change was actually a nerf. Now you can't knock back the pyro and give him early crits.

Moonfixer

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 23, 2014
I'm really liking the buff to the pocket pistol and wrap assassin.

Jul 26, 2015
The Phlog change was actually a nerf.

85305efdd72a102c6f368bc0627b695c.gif

After playing phlog for a few minutes I can confirm this is false.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
The phlog was just a fucking stupid weapon in the first place, and nothing short of removing it from the game altogether can fix it. Fighting someone one-on-one and then having them suddenly go Super Saiyan for just long enough to insta-kill you is just always going to feel unfair. Even if they make it so hard to build up the charge that it takes five minutes of continuously burning people without dying, it's always going to feel like the game slapping you in the face when it happens to you.

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
Does Pyro still get a health restore on taunt? if not thanks Valve for putting that stupid weapon in the bin.