TF2Maps Presents: The Summer 2016 72hr TF2Jam!

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
Unfortunately the downloads section doesn't support multiple authors, so you'll have to list your collaborators in the description. Be sure to PM LeSwordfish with their SteamID and forum accounts when you submit so they can receive medals too.

Khuntza

L4: Comfortable Member
Dec 29, 2009
I think mirrors are in the spirit of things, still takes effort. Just make sure a mirrored version of the map doesn't exist already.

To my knowledge I am the only one who has created any mirrored maps to date..

Are people running individual threads somewhere or are updates just being posted in this one?

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
I did a thing:

g7hIfdx.jpg

DrLambda

L69: Teeheehee, Member
aa
Feb 18, 2015
Things were happening. Lots of things happened. 9 hours in, i'm done for today. It's 5am, my girlfriend just went to work, and i really have to sleep for a bit.

koth_bloodshed is still in a very early state. I completed most of the basic brushwork (i already finished the "harder" brushwork of the road because i really don't want to be doing that during crunchtime,) but then was stopped when i had to do some placeholder displacements (because otherwise, the underlying bunker would be exposed, which wouldn't matter for playtests, but made my compile take unbelievably long because of all the visleafs it created.

Tomorrow, i will copy+paste the fixed spawn over to the other side, add lights, add logic and pickups, then run it through an imp. And then i can hopefully start detailing more than just an early artpass of the spawn interior.

The first test will probably still take place with the low buildings you can see on the screenshots, but they won't stay that way. I spent most of my free time last week figuring out how to detail those things, and depending on how much time i have left, i'll go wild.

session01end01.jpg session01end02.jpg session01end03.jpg session01end04.jpg

Cool Dakota

L1: Registered
Jul 14, 2016
My map is apparently too big, according to the console. What's weird is I KNOW I've seen bigger.

help

Last edited:

Flipy

I like foxes
aa
Jul 20, 2016
Wait whats going on? Two submissions? Yes! I have no life it seems!

http://tf2maps.net/downloads/moonblast_bonus.1875/

I had a fun little idea of combining my koth/pass hybrid (where the team has to capture a passtime goal, and only after capturing it could their team score in it) and using it with my new moonblast map as a little bonus! This is not a main submission at all (hence the bonus) but thought you guys would enjoy a different twist on the passtime formula!

also it is nearly midnight, im going to be busy all day tomorrow, and I really should be sleeping. Help.

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
pl_inferno is slowly coming together, I got the track together
checklist:
-airlock
-fill in places
-be ready by 72hrs

Dr. Scaphandre

L1: Registered
Jun 13, 2015
So, I've never made a single TF2 map in my life, but here's the work in progress for my first map koth_aloha.

VfUhJYl.jpg

kS7FOLJ.jpg

g3RPj1m.jpg

So version a1 is not even close to being done, as you can see by some of the geometry being off. Before I continue with the map, I have two questions: 1. How do I manipulate the sand block into being more like islands? Two, my water isn't visible, and how do I fix that?

Infomaniac

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 29, 2015
I might be participating in the jam, i am making a concept right now, so who knows honestly.
EDIT: I hope it's not too early to begin

Last edited:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
We really needed a place for people to post these other than the tutorials forum.

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
All my displacements seem wrong. I can't get them even into nice islands.
a good tip is to start without displacements and slowly work a box into an island. later when you are able to blend and sew everything together, then displacement islands are good. a good form of sew practice is making a tunnel with an open entrance and exit