TF2Maps Presents: The Summer 2016 72hr TF2Jam!

Jul 21, 2016
Can we post a WIP map, were making during the jam, because at the rate im going most downloaded assets arent activating and i cant be working on the jam on monday, but my map has working spawns and gamemode logic and can function as a standard map, so can i?

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Can we post a WIP map, were making during the jam, because at the rate im going most downloaded assets arent activating and i cant be working on the jam on monday, but my map has working spawns and gamemode logic and can function as a standard map, so can i?

Yeah, it can be a WIP. If you need help with anything, join the group chat and ask.

Dr. Aibaleet

L1: Registered
Jul 8, 2016
cabeb2e171445998d5404a86091c8dd0.png

I've got about... Lets see...

8 hours of work done since the contest started. I've got to get some sleep at this point. Some more model fixes and Rigging will happen tomarrow. 1337 faces exactly!

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Making the Heavy a true Soviet.

I like it.

SanekOgon

L3: Member
Jul 21, 2016
I have a question : Medal received by all who participated in the jam or winners will be defined here ?

dala

Jul 19, 2016
4abb506b21.jpg

Hud so far - Buff and low animations for health + ammo targetid's and timer
started working on class menu and capture points but they aren't finished yet

the blue/red color on the ammo+health are normally black without the buffs or low animations

Sep 19, 2010
Yeaah. Seems about right!

(More changes to the Overlay.)

DPH6YVX.jpg
Screen space is king. Most people aren't going to pulling in donators, so I'd say get rid of the entire bottom box. Local time is cool, but it doesn't require that much space either. You have a ton of padding around your facecam which is just necessary. Keep just the yellow box and get rid of the gray so people can see as much of the screen as possible.

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
Yeaah. Seems about right!

(More changes to the Overlay.)

DPH6YVX.jpg
Damn dude I love what you did with the map, it's gotten a lot better after you added the dozen pipes or so. Looking great!

its a joke yes i know its a prop showcase dont hurt me

Cool Dakota

Jul 14, 2016
I HAVE SPAWN POINTS IN MY MAP, DAMNIT, WHY WON'T IT USE THEM???

"THERE IS NO PLAYER START" MY ASS!

EDIT: Ohhhhh, it decided to fix "errors"... rip me

Cool Dakota

Jul 14, 2016
This is an error related to half life, which uses a different spawn point than tf2. It can be ignored.

Don't worry about that - it's a holdover issue from another version of the engine. Ignore it, keep using info_player_teamspawn.

As it turns out, Hammer fixed anything it saw as an error by deleting them, and somehow my spawnpoints got taken down with them.