TF2Maps Presents: The Summer 2016 72hr TF2Jam!

Dr. Scaphandre

L1: Registered
Jun 13, 2015
I don't know what I'm doing with this, so I think I'm just gonna make a cube map or something to practice game theory.

Dr. Scaphandre

L1: Registered
Jun 13, 2015
ckwrkxB.png

Since it's my first time making a map, I'm just gonna start with a simple devtexture map to give me an idea on gameplay theory. This is the progress of one half of the map. I still need to add the ammo and walls before I can send in version a1.

action

L2: Junior Member
Jul 11, 2016
Well,my fanfic is done. xD
I am really not very satisfied with it so i guess it is time to turn on the kazotsky 10 hr loop,grab out my microsoft word,and make a prequel and sequel.... XD

SanekOgon

L3: Member
Jul 21, 2016
Hew i finaly did it! I make my animation! now my animation convert on 4k :D i must wait 2 hr

action

Jul 11, 2016
Nice!

Dribbleondo - Au Yeah

Jul 22, 2016

Dribbleondo - Au Yeah

Jul 22, 2016
Huzzah!

Flipy

I like foxes
aa
Jul 20, 2016
I totally forgot to add sounds for when the point unlocks on my koth map, gonna do that as one of my last changes.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
So, update.

The paltrok mill idea isn't going to work in Source. Too many things need to happen before it even becomes remotely possible to do it properly.

So, I wanted to do something. Made an SFM poster, uploaded it, then my brain said "hey, go sleep right now, or I'll give you this massive headache." So I slept for 7 hours, woke up, now kinda torn between leaving the jam and watching Crash's stream, or continue making SFM posters with the thought still in my head of "I wanna map".

Then, I suddenly remembered a layout scetch I made, oh I don't know, 2.5, 3 years ago maybe?, well before I joined this community. Never got around making it because of my inability to use Hammer (I had an old-ass MacBook Air back then, good luck doing anything useful on that) and because school was still a thing. A mirrored symmetry KOTH map with a twist: instead of putting the teams on opposite ends of the map, I put them next to each other (I did the Powerhouse layout before it was cool) with a mountain between them, with a train going trough it.

I have no idea if this is going to work, but here's the scetch. Then it was called Foglands, but that's a boring and generic name, so I decided to rename it to something else.

Meet koth_rockies. Will use the Frontline assets. Quick map story: RED and BLU want command over a bridge. So they have a fight over it.
fMuKYOK.jpg

ps don't take notice of the heights listed, I had no idea what I was doing back then and what scale meant.