TF2Maps Presents: The Summer 2016 72hr TF2Jam!

Sep 19, 2010
I know for past events we've had a list of people streaming their progress. I skimmed over the thread and didn't see anything about streams. If we're still doing that, I'd like to be added to the list. https://www.twitch.tv/grizz1yberry

DonuTf2 is running a charity event the same weekend that I'm involved in as well, but I plan on mapping for at least a portion of the weekend.

Jul 6, 2015
I know for past events we've had a list of people streaming their progress. I skimmed over the thread and didn't see anything about streams. If we're still doing that, I'd like to be added to the list. https://www.twitch.tv/grizz1yberry

DonuTf2 is running a charity event this weekend that I'm involved in as well, but I plan on mapping for at least a portion of the weekend.
Actually there is a stream tab now, so everyone can see how many people are streaming, and what they are streaming.

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
wheres dah widget for streamers... I am assuming its not out yet

Joshenkstone

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 24, 2015
Im using the one from last year, I dont know if it works, but im using it.
yes because if you look at the one on the website it's actually using the same one too.

Edit: for the people who also want to use it this is the link for the CLR browser: http://magic.geit.uk/countdown/new_cd/
You can add "?TVImage=(url)" to the link if you want a image to be displayed on the screen. For more information you can go to the old post about the clock by @Geit by clicking here.

Edit2: for people using OBS studio you need an alternate version (OBS+Browser Source) because the CLR browser plugin doesn't work for OBS studio, the official download for this version can be found here: https://obsproject.com/download#mp

Last edited:

Joshenkstone

Oct 24, 2015

Nuke

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 5, 2016
Great, thank you! Can I take it down after the jam or will I need to ask staff? The majority of my streaming is not mapping, so I don't want to take up space.
I'm sure there wasnt a system to take it down, so probably asking the staff to make sure now AND later is worth.

Joshenkstone

Oct 24, 2015
Great, thank you! Can I take it down after the jam or will I need to ask staff? The majority of my streaming is not mapping, so I don't want to take up space.
There are plenty of non-mapping streams on this website, i think we'd all be fine with you channel staying there.

SC PL

local shitposter
aa
Jun 25, 2015
Btw, I gonna start at 8 pm London time (10 pm Warsaw time) 14 July (Today) and finish at 17 July (Sunday) at 8 pm London time of course

I haven't got any plans to the rest of the weekend so I think it's a good time to hammer now

[LFT passtime] Rundevil

L1: Registered
Jul 15, 2016
Definitely interested in taking part in this! i was here from a tutorial video grabbing A Boojum Snarks resource pack and saw the link, so perfect timing/motivation for a first map. I'm new to TF2 mapping, though i have some experience with DOOM 1&2 maps.
If anyone wold be interested in collaborating let me know. I was thinking about making a Passtime map in an amalgamated theme of different sports stadiums/fields.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
So, change of plans!

With the sudden appearance of ANOTHER war in the form of the Frontline! community effort, @Walter and I decided to remake Dustbowl into something appropriate for the Frontline! update. He's a sound design genius (and since there are B17s in this pack which are big and scary when grouped in formation we'll have something that makes it sound even scarier), and together we'll try to make Dustbowl into something that people won't go "oh god not this map again" over. We'll start with the 72hr Jam next week, and try to get a lot of things done within that timespan. Luckily Dustbowl has been in this game for 9 years now, so we kinda know how it plays, making thinking of improvements a heck of a lot easier.

Stay tuned!

Hotel Detective

Dec 10, 2014
So, change of plans!

With the sudden appearance of ANOTHER war in the form of the Frontline! community effort, @Walter and I decided to remake Dustbowl into something appropriate for the Frontline! update. He's a sound design genius (and since there are B17s in this pack which are big and scary when grouped in formation we'll have something that makes it sound even scarier), and together we'll try to make Dustbowl into something that people won't go "oh god not this map again" over. We'll start with the 72hr Jam next week, and try to get a lot of things done within that timespan. Luckily Dustbowl has been in this game for 9 years now, so we kinda know how it plays, making thinking of improvements a heck of a lot easier.

Stay tuned!
I actually wanted to do the same thing, but I'm glad someone else is doing it.
Changing Dustbowl seems like a daunting task to me, but man would I love to see it breath new life.

Nuke

Jul 5, 2016
So, change of plans!

Stay tuned!

cp_dustbowl_pro_rc1_fix confirmed