TF2Maps.net Mapping Contest #6: (A)Symmetry CP

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
More specific information about entry submission procedure will be available together with the submission thread (when that goes up).

If you've followed the rules stated in the OP, you're fine. And there are no requirements for references (via overlays or models) in this contest.

The largest threat for disqualification is late entries IMO. I will be merciless and on the minute. I say this because I want to make sure you (anyone) only have themselves to blame for submitting at the last second or even after.
I will remind people of this in the submission thread too.

Last edited:

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
More specific information about entry submission procedure will be available together with the submission thread (when that goes up).

If you've followed the rules stated in the OP, you're fine. And there are no requirements for references (via overlays or models) in this contest.

The largest threat for disqualification is late entries IMO. I will be merciless and on the minute. I say this because I want to make sure you (anyone) only have themselves to blame for submitting at the last second or even after.
I will remind people of this in the submission thread too.

ouch... well i still aim to submit a day or 2 early, but i'm sure i'm not the only one who has exams on that week when the deadline hits, just saying.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
I don't think it's fair to say we should get extra time because the entries are behind, that's not right at all, since total it's a 4 month deal--that's a lot of time.

Now delaying the deadline by a few days/1 week so we can all play portal 2 for a while, that I both like and think is fair. I won't even pretend that P2 isn't going to suck my life away.

Dragonstorm24

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 16, 2009
I don't think it's fair to say we should get extra time because the entries are behind, that's not right at all, since total it's a 4 month deal--that's a lot of time.

Now delaying the deadline by a few days/1 week so we can all play portal 2 for a while, that I both like and think is fair. I won't even pretend that P2 isn't going to suck my life away.

Just wait until the fall when Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, and Battlefield 3 come out, there won't be another contest for a while after that.

Btw, probably not going to finish my entry because I am really busy right now.

Last edited:

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
There won't be a time extension. This was mentioned day 1 of the competition, let's not forget that time management is a big part in events like this.

40 days left.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
It might be worth mentioning whether people get the 24 hour grace period for things like accidently compiling with clip visgroups off or what ever. This has been a standard thing in previous contests so people might assume it's the case here as well.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
I'll just leave this here to remind people how fucked they are since their maps are nowhere near ready and they only have [TIME] left.

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008

whilst i kinda agree with the sentiments (also the hatless update messed with my time managements a lil too, cos i was relying on some testing at the start of this week that didn't happen), the fact is that all of this got taken into account at the start of the contest, which is why it's 4 months not 3.
portal2 will still be there in june, tf2 cp contest won't.

anyway, fingers crossed - it'll be moot point and we'll all still manage to crunch time our way out of this.

38 days.... wonder if i could make a fully working/detailed map in that time.

it's not impossible. but i'm guessing you have other things to do in that time too - exams perhaps, or a job, i dunno?
also it'll be hard to get it adequately tested. - but either way, i'd like to see what you can pull out in that time, if only out of curiousity. i recommend a single stage map with 2 or 3 points, and a simple well defined theme (e.g. gorge/hydro or dustbowl/badlands/rush - and don't use a weather effect)

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
well, my last final is the 7th, and I'll be hone from the 9th til ~20th, then I have to go back to school to start my research, so ~15 days I'll have to block out, test, detail and finalize...

Yea, I'll stick with what I got. I'll pick up the next one. I assume that there will be something for the summer.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
I would like to remind people that I'm still looking for judges.
To volunteer, send me a PM with a couple of lines explaining why I shouldn't banish you to the public voting category.
We rather have too many applicants than too few, so if you're on the edge and can't decide, I encourage you to just send one in and see what happens. You can always pull out if you want to, there are no binding contracts!

Being a judge means you are required to rate all the participating maps, and motivate your scoring with a short write-up on each entry.
(for more information on what judging entails, read the OP).

It's also a great way to contribute to the community as a whole!
Thank you.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I doubt it, if you're gonna judge officially then you commit to judging all maps, fairly, equally and objectively.

I really don't see how it could be any other way. Judging half the maps is a cop out. Leave that to the public vote.