TF2Maps.net Mapping Contest #5: The Art Pass Contest

Apr 13, 2009
Valve pay for this stuff, it's not something done out of mere generosity or convinience, they do have business sense

All evidence to the contrary, they actually buy custom maps when they could probably get away with stealing them, and they could have released at least two full-priced 'sequels' to TF2 by now. :rolleyes:

Nov 14, 2009
Is there NO WAY we can all get an extension? This timing is absurd, we all just started school and there is NO time left... disappointing to lose out because I couldn't start til after a month after the announcement

If only this contest due date was in Valve time.

However, the submission thread is already up. I think if you want this to taken seriously, then you should make a new thread.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I hope people are func_nobuilding their spawns and stairs... there could be a lot of stuff happening in the BLU spawn due to the lack of these in the base vmf.

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
I hope people are func_nobuilding their spawns and stairs... there could be a lot of stuff happening in the BLU spawn due to the lack of these in the base vmf.

Why the stairs? And I thought all of BLU spawn was already a respawnroom but I'll check it and put nobuild in there later if neccessary.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
People can block stairs with buildings, it's one of the most annoying things about 2fort. The amount of times i've died because an engi has blocked off the steps with a teleporter is beyond me.

Not to mention this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drfw-QVUDG8

Last edited:

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
Hmmm, if Valve don't bother to nobuild stairs, why should we? :p
It's not stairs I find that blocking thing annoying on, it's the hill outside dustbowl stage 2 red spawn.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Well gameplay considerations aside, it looks really dumb to have a building floating in the air cause it was placed on a big slope and just the edge is touching :p

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Need some clarification here..

Download: artpass_zpqrei.zip (single zip archive with just the bsp (with all content PackBSP/Pakrat'd) in)

Please make sure you read the rules very thoroughly as we will go over each map carefully to make sure it complies and if it doesn't, it will be disqualified.

So you're gunna check that my already compiled bsp file compiles fine??? So do you want a VMF or BSP or both. Be clear boy!

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Need some clarification here..

So you're gunna check that my already compiled bsp file compiles fine??? So do you want a VMF or BSP or both. Be clear boy!

"Complies" not "Compiles"!