mqH0bQr.png

Download the zoo:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ksif354o7kuxqq/invader_zoo.vmf?dl=0

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
I dont really understand what most of these props are and what are they meant to be used for?
Maybe some explanation or something? I do see how I can use them if I don't fully understand there original use.

Firstly, be creative and give them a use!

Secondary, they're alien canisters, little alien robotic critters and their parts, destroyed pieces of stuff.

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
Must include props from the provided prop pack.
This is in the rules section, can you define it a lot better please.

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
if I do a ufo and mothership is that enough

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
The mothership and UFO are in the pack.

Why can't you just say it clearly? >_>

because I answered when I was very tired.

Since I haven't specificied a numerical number of props to use, the minimum you should have is the mothership because it needed for the contest anyways. Exrta props, such as the destroyed set (dish/tank/etc) or the alien canister/critters are use to your disgression to use.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Not sure if you're still taking requests, Ronin, but any chance we could get destroyed versions of concrete_block001, concrete_pipe001, silo004, silo001?

Edit: And actually, if possible, some scorch mark/ melted/ glowy freshly shot looking overlays like the stain overlays would be SUPER useful, as well.

Last edited:

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
I've been focused on making models for Halloween so haven't had the time to put into my map entry. I would certainly love an extension, but I'd already come to terms with not making the deadline.

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
We all would love an extension

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
I might be a minority, but I don't think I need an extension. In less than a month I've already got a pretty solid layout, and work has started on detail - I've planned around the nov 10 deadline, and things seem like they'd work out. Obviously an extension means more time, which would be good, but I don't think I need one.

Bakscratch

Finisher of Maps
aa
Oct 29, 2010
I don't think there should be an extension, we already sorta had one. Plus a deadline is a deadline, if people cant get it done by then its their fault for not using the entire time, people have had since June to come up with ideas and test. If people cant keep to deadlines why give them the luxury of giving them extra time, you would be punishing the people who have a finished map for the set dead line already.
If you look at any other Mapping sits that do contests they almost never give extra time as they know a deadline is a deadline simple.