CP stoneyridge rc2

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
I suppose I should post these here:

DeckChange1.jpg

DeckChange3.jpg

A change I'm toying around with for the final point.

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
I'm really not "feeling" that giant board that's propping up the sentry ledge.

I mean, it's technically a viable support structure, it just isn't working aesthetically. Does it look okay if you straight up delete it?

But maybe on the other hand I'm just staring at it too hard.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Check it out in game when I send it over next and decide then. I think it looks cool, it might need something else propping it up a bit though. Plus that'll help the tiny little lip you can get caught on (but not stuck) running against it.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
You know, I guess I never realized it before, but does anyone else think this map is overdetailed and overly diverse in its theming, a la Mountain Lab?

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
It is pushing the boundaries, but I like to think it's not as schizophrenic as mountain lab.

But I do think it has a fairly clear (and somewhat logical) progression. From red's perspective, it's a weapons factory in the process of being disguised as a mining operation. From blu's, it starts out as a fairly innocent courtyard. Then they capture A and notice some huge missiles with a train depot, along with some hints of spytech. Then they get to B and see a giant and heavily defended bomb along with even more spytech stuff. Clearly red must be stopped!

Our texture selection doesn't jump around too much I don't think.. wood is the main component for most of the map with only a couple exceptions near point A.

Prop spam might still be a little too high, but every release seems to tone it down a little more.

heyyou

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 19, 2009
Yeah, map is looking good as far as minimizing detail. Just updated the OP main picture. We're coming close to an RC1 release.

We're also releasing videos and other goodies on the FB page.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Yeah it was originally a different camera angle and it didn't look bad but then I decided to bring it in closer and more from the front and it showed off my lack of skill with posing.

That scout was the first thing I've ever tried posing in SFM though, so I'll definitely go back and clean it up now that I have a better feel of things.

I am a fan of his pinky.

heyyou

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 19, 2009
1JeRU.gif

Pictures on the opening page have been updated for hopefully the last time. Final RC1 release is planned to drop sometime early next month. We've got some fun things cooked up - Stay tuned.

Last edited:

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
I slapped in a cheesy wood door frame, because hey, what's a little prop spam amongst friends?