General art thread

Tumby

aa
May 12, 2013
Another vector thing:
LifeIsHard_Vector.png

SVG: http://puu.sh/tuRoR/ebf753b0da.svg
Original image: http://lilboulder.tumblr.com/post/117812180034/sash-ohgodwhy-lac

Cole Slaw

L2: Junior Member
Feb 26, 2015
Okay guys, story time with Cole.

I got some Robotech minis at a hobby shop. I built the Glaug Officer's Battlepod, painted and detailed it, and was prepping it for photos when BLAMMO! I dropped it and the leg fell off.

I'm gluing it back on as we speak, so keep an eye out for photos.

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
That reminds me that I should totally get some videos of the robots my team has made in robotics class! We made this dope robot with 4 wheels that can have their height adjusted by a gyro in the controller. Basically, wherever you point the controller, the robot leans in that direction. The mathematics was pretty hard but rewarding. All I have right now are pictures. I built almost the whole thing myself, my 2 teammates were responsible for the microcontroller and program.

pLGmxQB.png

Also, I totally forgot to post an animation I made for FBLA. FBLA is a thing in America where you make business oriented stuff for money and a trip to some state. This year it's Cali. I decided to enter 3D animation with the same friends I made that robot with. (Don't tell the judges, but I did it all in 3 days!)

Think of it as a rough draft, we can improve it later for states, which is the next step in the competition. We already won districts. Not my voice btw

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
So I tried to use veneer to make a certain album cover some people might recognise.

Here it is ready to be used as a template to cut into a big sheet of fineer (beech and birch wood):
xJMToS5.jpg

And here it is all taped up and ready to be glued onto another piece of wood, with the cut-out part on the bottom (which is mahogany):
xNiLSMM.jpg

L2: Junior Member
Aug 11, 2013
I made this a while ago, but since I'm kinda new to this place, I think I can share it here as well c:

tumblr_n7rjndwxUj1rjgosxo1_1280.jpg

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Got instructions on a laser engraver today. We could load our own image onto it and engrave/cut it, with this as the result:
MtHUyL0.jpg

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
Took me a couple hours to do, it's Katy Kat from the Parappa games! I did a flat, and also toon shaded version. I'll also include the outline version in case you like that as well. I'm very proud of this, as it's the first time I've really tried for the thick outline style. I hope you enjoy it! (Sorry the images are so big, I can't just do a thumbnail when I upload an image from a link).
I also made a Tumblr to post my art on, I hope you follow it :D https://nicktf.tumblr.com/
tumblr_ol351eroSq1w5csgko3_1280.png
Flat [Click for full image]
Toon Shaded [Click for full image]
Outline [Click for full image]

Last edited:

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
What to do with snowfall: take pictures. Loads of them. Here are a few (one pano included, it's a big image):

olk91kj.jpg

uUQGoTq.jpg

obligatory "shot on iPhone 6S" blurb