[EU] Looking for some other people wishing to test their map with others!

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by hamsterkins, Nov 4, 2017.

1. hamsterkins

hamsterkins L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'm currently making a koth map, and it's in the early stages and normally i would get my friends to test a map but they've stopped playing tf2 long ago so i'm look for some people who would want to test!

2. DoomMess (Sick)

DoomMess (Sick) L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    You realise TF2Maps is where you post your maps and get feedback right and other stuff? :p

Also TF2Maps have their own testing servers.

3. Kobolite

aa Kobolite One of the few dutch people here!

Positive Ratings:
    we already have an testing server. we have daily imps. which basically means that theres daily map tests

4. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Step 1: Join our Discord server!

Step 2: Go to the #bot channel and type "!add <map name> <download link> <notes, if you have any>" (without the "s or <>s). This command will add your map to VBot, a bot that keeps a list of maps submitted for testing. It'll notify you via direct message on Discord when the server is running your map.

Step 3: All done! Just hang around chat until an imp happens, usually somewhere between 6-9pm GMT

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. DrSquishy

DrSquishy L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    How can you see the feedback for your map? Do you have to wait until it comes back round and do the show annotations command (Whatever it is)?

6. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord L0: Crappy Member

Positive Ratings:
    https://feedback.tf2maps.net
    The link is at the top of every page. You can view feedback, round info, and download demo files (which are basically replays of the match from a spectator's POV).

7. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Demo files don't have a POV. That's quite a powerful feature of them, being able to watch the action from any angle at any time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. hamsterkins

hamsterkins L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    That's incredibly useful

9. DrSquishy

DrSquishy L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I tried using demo files for feedback for mvm_origins. My camera was stuck in 1 position, I couldn't move it manually, and when using the console it only moved to a past position of a player (also not useful)

10. Necrσ

aa Necrσ

Positive Ratings:
    To move around you need to close the demoui, then it should work fine

• Thanks Thanks x 1