Buy Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor for PC at Green Man Gaming

CP Edifice RC1

3cp Gpit-style a/d map in the Construction theme.

1. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    last i checked it was regarded as overdetailed around here

2. JeanPaul

JeanPaul L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Nope I think its great and youd be surprised to find the map is actually played a fair amount. Actually I am about to go play in a 24/7 mountainlab server for 4 hours straight :D

3. Limeaide

Limeaide L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'd lose the laser on C if I was you. It'd make the map feel a little more distinct from gravelpit.

4. phi

aa phi The Fallen Crimson

Positive Ratings:
    Way ahead of you. :p Already got a redesign set for C and have pretty much bulldozed a good portion of some of the side buildings. Probably going to keep the stupid amount of missiles because I can, though

5. JeanPaul

JeanPaul L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
  6. Pocket

aa Pocket Ya like Jazz?

Positive Ratings:
    Mountain Lab's C building has too conspicuous of a fa├žade to reasonably qualify as a secret anything. And it stands out from its environment too much to be masquerading as something else (like the bases in most official maps) either.

7. phi

Positive Ratings:
  8. nightwatch

aa nightwatch

Positive Ratings:
    C looks a lot less busy, I like it.

9. Pocket

aa Pocket Ya like Jazz?

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

Nodraw brush accidentally overlapping stuff I guess.

10. phi

Positive Ratings:
    Hot off the press, and quickly made at that...
    Edifice B3 (Test 1, there are two test versions, second coming later...)

DOWNLOAD- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/84556731/cp_edifice/cp_edifice_b3_test1.bsp.bz2

Changelog (so far, this isn't final B3!!)
    - Prop detailing in many places
    - Streamlined detailing in general
    - Flattened roof at B
    - Added clip ramp to window at B
    - Eliminated many holes that rockets or sightlines could head through
    - Trimmed down on sightlines on B
    - Removed ramp to upper connector lobby
    - Removed ammo around upper connector lobby
    - Moved ammo on C point to behind the point
    - Made two small ammo packs on A and B medium to encourage sentry setups
    - Clipped a lot
    - Blockbulleted a lot of lips to prevent wonky rocket and blast registration
    - Tiny technical changes
    - Fog editing
    - Texture editing
    - Custom prop replacement and optimization
    - A few little extras to spice up the map a bit

Screenshots of the somewhat-completed detailing:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  11. Idolon

aa Idolon the worst admin

Positive Ratings:
    C looks a lot better, as do the rocks in the skybox. Good job!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Tarry H Sruman

Tarry H Sruman Large Orphanage Proprietor

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  13. Dr. Spud

aa Dr. Spud Grossly Incandescent

Positive Ratings:
    He used a tablet to draw that so you know it's good feedback.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  14. cool_myll

cool_myll L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    b3_test1 not in the changelog

15. phi

Positive Ratings:
    B3 RELEASED --
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84556731/cp_edifice/cp_edifice_b3.bsp.bz2

Changelog:
    - Added extra flank route from B>C connector to C
    - DUSTMOTES!!
    - Added cover to C in general
    - Added a little cover to B
    - Made most power 3 displacements into power 2
    - General technical issues
    - Reworked some detailed props and func_details to use brushes
    - General Optimization
    - Clipped off holes on C spire

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  16. phi

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Bloodhound

Bloodhound L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Seems like everything is packed right. I haven't seen any errors or magenta textures.

However, this is a bit annoying. Please fix it in the next version.

SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_forest/wood_patch1_small.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_forest/wood_patch4.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_forest/sawmill_window1a.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_forest/sawmill_window1a.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/tree_pine01_4cluster.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_forest/train_tunnel_01.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_forest/wood_patch4.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_spytech/rocket002_skybox.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_spytech/rocket_tower_skybox.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_skybox/skycards_forest512bump.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_skybox/skycards_forest512bump.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/tree_pine01_4cluster.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_forest/train_tunnel_01.mdl)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. nightwatch

aa nightwatch

Positive Ratings:
    PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE

[​IMG]

Turn this and all other capzone markers into func_doesnotclipwithplayer, or whatever it is actually called.

It's a small thing but every time I jump while going onto the stairs I hit it.

The other solution is to use an overlay instead but I'm guessing you wanted to keep it a brush so that the people with disabled overlays can see it (i.e: 75 % of the competitive community).

Also we've got some z-fighting here, about 32 units worth of overlap.

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  19. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
  20. phi

Positive Ratings:
    post because i forgot to do this yesterday

cp_edifice_test2

After the recent UGC season(s) that have played this map, I have gathered, disregarded, and contemplated many paragraphs of feedback.
    I have no idea if it amounted to anything, though, so I decided to hold back an official rc1 release and instead release a "test" version.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84556731/cp_edifice/cp_edifice_test2.bsp.bz2

- A was given a place to defend, where you can't get jumped on and has a decent amount of cover - through tests, this has proven to make the point more defensible and a more viable choice to defend first instead of B.
    - B's right side (relative to BLU) was given a raise, which in turn made that area more useful, and which inadvertently made the point a little easier to attack (it seems).
    - C got lowered by around 100 units, more or less.
    - One of the flanks to C (left side relative to BLU) was removed
    - Pretty much every little glitch from the old versions was fixed.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
Buy Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor for PC at Green Man Gaming