Cool forums bro

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
I still don't have the new style >.>

Owl you may have to 'ctrl+f5' to do a hard refresh on the site to load in all of the new images and layout.

Also if you are using the link nerdboy posted some things may look a little odd image wise as they are meant for a darker theme and not the lighter one. So there is a downfall of using the other style. Also, I think people are getting the option 'show signatures' a little confused. When you uncheck it it removes the signatures all together. but when you do check it it shows the signatures being there, they are just hidden in the dropdown button. When you check that it does not mean that it will show you all of the signatures unhidden. Personally I kind of like it without the signatures there as it does free up a bit of space at the bottom of each posters post if it happens to be longer that 3 lines long.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
But why is it like that o_O
I never heard nor seen a forum using such a feature - for a good reason may i add.
I can't be bothered to click "view signature" on each and every post. And in fact I DO like to click on interesting signature links from time to time. I don't know that is not really a feature to me.

edit: thank you so much, †Blade†, I got my forums back \o/
I'm a happy satisfied grumpy old man now :D

Seems as if the signature thing is working there also.
I take all crits back and love you all !

Last edited:

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
There's too much saturation and contrast everywhere, really. It's very exhausting for my eyes to look at so while I don't like to disrespect the designers of the new theme, I think I'm gonna stick to the old one as long as I can/need to.

I thought I wrote a post about this already but I guess I forgot to press the post button. o_O

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
I did go back to the old layout for a bit, but decided that I do much prefer this theme and it's much easier on my eyes than a bright shiny theme.

The only reason I like the other theme over this is that it's happier and more inviting for new people. For just me personally, I'd pick the new black theme over the yellowy one

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Larger avatars are a donator perk. you get 150x150

I know that. I don't want or need one that big though. I just want something usable by default.

If I had money to donate, I would. But I don't. It's just a little thing that I was hoping could be changed during the rest of the redesign.

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
Oh God. Revert back to the old Sponsor/Veteran banners immediately. They are so bad now.

The previous ones fit absolutely fine with this new theme. They were black and silver/gray with a coloured text to differentiate Sponsors from Veterans from Staff. The site, oddly enough, is black and silver/grey.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I don't think they're bad. Maybe a little huge.

And saturated.

EDIT: Also, I added ?style=9 to the link, and now I'm stuck with the old, light colored forums. Which is nice but I'd love to be able to switch back if you improve it. >.>

Last edited:

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Hey hey - looks like someone took a hint. (No offense.)

EDIT: Also, I added ?style=9 to the link, and now I'm stuck with the old, light colored forums. Which is nice but I'd love to be able to switch back if you improve it. >.>

Just add ?styleid=1 or any number other than 9.

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I know that. I don't want or need one that big though. I just want something usable by default.

If I had money to donate, I would. But I don't. It's just a little thing that I was hoping could be changed during the rest of the redesign.

There are not many forum perks for donators, especially since the power to upload maps to the server was revoked (the most significant insentive being server admin powers). If you are not a tf2maps regular contibutor and do not care for a 150x150 avatar it seems odd that you would request one larger than its current capacity. It's just an avatar and a nice incentive for donators who use the forums.

But i guess mostly that's just my opinion. I don't mean to belittle your presence here...

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
There are not many forum perks for donators, especially since the power to upload maps to the server was revoked (the most significant insentive being server admin powers). If you are not a tf2maps regular contibutor and do not care for a 150x150 avatar it seems odd that you would request one larger than its current capacity. It's just an avatar and a nice incentive for donators who use the forums.

But i guess mostly that's just my opinion. I don't mean to belittle your presence here...

I wasn't aware that was revoked.

I feel I'm a pretty regular contributor. I've got one decent map under my belt and helped a lot of folks with their own, artpass or otherwise. I don't use the TF2M server, but I wouldn't say I'm inactive or unhelpful.

I just want 100x100 because that's still tiny but at least it's somewhat standard and the site's being redone anyway. You probably never remember me precisely because I don't have an avatar.

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Oh God. Revert back to the old Sponsor/Veteran banners immediately. They are so bad now.

The previous ones fit absolutely fine with this new theme. They were black and silver/gray with a coloured text to differentiate Sponsors from Veterans from Staff. The site, oddly enough, is black and silver/grey.

I don't think they're bad. Maybe a little huge.

And saturated.

I personally liked the old badges, but nerdboy threw up a design for different badges and people seemed to like that so it was what was made. I'm sure he does have the old badges still and the badges were lighter but boojum said that is was obnoxiously bright. So they were made darker and more saturated to compensate for that. I'll let the graphic designer know and he'll prolly try something different out or revert to the old ones.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
The old ones have always looked so out of place though.

Da_Man

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 23, 2009
Goddammit I'm gone for three days and this happens.

Anywho, bitching aside, I like it.