Mar 20, 2016
Diva Dan updated Emiliam with a new update entry:

a2

Emiliam A2
  • Darkened shadow controller color
  • Fixed stuck spots across the map
  • Blocked some OP crouch jumps
    CDthSD4.jpg
  • Added props in front of decorative shutter door outside BLU spawn to show it doesn't open
    u4YW876.jpg
  • Switched right A flank doorway to be on the opposite side of the central brick building
    sLGLDbm.jpg
  • Adjusted metal staircase leading to the roof outside...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016

a3

a3 notes
  • Adjusted BLU spawn points
  • Added additional doorway to the RED forward hold area, making it significantly more obvious of a room to set up in
  • Extended A middle building to avoid sightline cheese
  • Reimplemented the large white truck to A
  • Added a ladder you can walk up to reach the top of the truck, and fixed a stuck spot
  • Added a billboard that changes team when A is capped
  • Removed the one-way-door flank to the B connector
  • Flipped metal staircase in the...

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Got bored, had a run around. Some layout feedback for a map I haven't played:

1677450448886.png

Routing immediately out of blue spawn is pretty messy. What I assume is the main route uses a respawn door frame for sizing, which I generally consider a "medium" size door. A large door feels more appropriate if that's where the bulk of blue team is expected to push. I recommend a head clearance of 160 units minimum so players can't bonk their head while jumping. A large billboard arrow sign and a lighting cue pointing blue this way would also help signpost it as the main route.

The secondary route is really complicated. It reminds me of Gorge, which has a very similar path out of blue spawn into the flank on the left. The difference here is that, when a player on Gorge sees that exit they want to use, they can easily trace the path back to the stair they need to use to get there. Here, the path is considerably more complex and the exit is a bit hidden. I would recommend widening the building on the left to encompass both halves of the stair, making the doorway into the building more visible and making the gameplay space inside the building more interesting.

1677450918719.png

A blue player will not see this doorway.

1677450995322.png

When heading out of the main route, these two options seem equally important, but the one on the right leads directly to the point while the one on the left is a cramped flank of sorts. I would recommend making the left door smaller so it reads as a flank.

1677451192413.png

This exit feels like a more appropriate place for the main blue push, assuming the road and the silos are intended to be the main paths to the point. The current exit puts the road quite far away. Also...

1677451253605.png

Consider simplifying the geometry here so that blue has a single large elevated platform. This, with the health and ammo, will signal to blue team that this is a good place to hold before pushing into the point.

1677451584867.png

Consider simplifying this stair to a 90 degree angle instead of a 180.

1677451650848.png

First, I think the routing in this building is a bit of a mess. The main route is not very intuitive and could stand to be simplified. The cramped flank route is directly in front of players and I would not be surprised if a lot of players take it without thinking. In addition, the flank is a considerably shorter path forward than the main path, which feels... off? I don't know how to articulate why this is a problem, and it might not be one.

Secondly, a lot of the geometry in this building is pretty confusing. I feel like the basic layout makes sense, but having archways everywhere subdivides a single contiguous gameplay space into several smaller ones, making it harder to understand at a glance or hold in memory. Consider removing arches in locations that are not really dividing two distinct gameplay spaces so that the space reads more like one large room with columns in it. For instance...

1677451714223.png

This area is an good example of what I think more spaces in this building should feel like.

Here's a suggestion of what a more intuitive main route / flank setup might look like:

1677452117522.png

The high ground is accessed directly forwards from the main route rather than requiring several turns. The flank route is lowered into the ground to fit underneath the ramp.

I don't have much to say about B, there's nothing obviously wrong with it.

Overall the map looks pretty slick and I think there's a good overall structure to work with - certainly better than a lot of the maps I've seen in playtests. Have fun iterating!

Attachments

• 1677451440755.png
    1677451440755.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 198

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016

a5

emiliam a5 notes
  • Updated events after A is captured
    • Capturing A now adds 6 minutes to the clock (previously 8, oops)
    • Capturing A now shuts a one-way door in the right cellar flank. This door can only be opened from the outside to prevent red from using the cellar to reach BLU's forward spawn
    • Added a ten minute cap to the timer
  • Adjusted vats around B to all be unwalkable, and have clearer heights/fencing (no more sniper parkour)...

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016

b1

Brew (Formerly emiliam) B1 Notes-

main.jpg
  • Artpassed the map
  • Reduced prop cover outside BLU spawn
  • The cover at "A" point now retracts after the control point is captured
  • Added small balcony in the right "B" point flank dropdown room
  • Adjusted dimensions of right "B" point flank hallway, reducing some prop cover
  • Added small ammo kit in the right "B" point flank hallway dead end
This is also the same version as...

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
Diva Dan updated Brew with a new update entry:

b2

Brew B2 notes-
  • Added a secret after "B" is captured
  • Fixed missing clipping on metal barriers at "A" point
  • Fixed visible nodraw on some windows out of bounds
  • Fixed missing collisions on a fridge in BLU spawn
  • Changed spectator cameras to enable/disable when "A" point is captured
  • Fixed red spawn not triggering the industrial fog

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
20230415163136_1.jpg

Playerclip this (the highlighted nav panel) please, the sudden bump up is really jarring

adam2

(no affiliation with adam1)
aa
Jan 2, 2020
Hi DIVA DAN!!!!

I have found a few things that might be important to patch. A lot of them are perhaps a bit nitpicky but I'd feel bad not pointing them out.

Firstly, perhaps most importantly, all of the trees in the map have wireframe collision turned on. This especially problematic for the playspace where there are sevral locations where the player can become a bird and sit in the trees!

Here come the images
=============================================

The corner of these clip brushes and this tree have a lot of places a soldier can perch on and hide in the trees! This tree is near the road that passes by the first point.

trees02.jpg

trees03.jpg

A tree outside of Blu spawn.
trees05.jpg

A tree further up near the stairs toward point from Blu spawn.
trees06.jpg

Here you can stand and see the point.
trees08.jpg

Several trees here beyond the road.
trees09.jpg

The tree here also has a perch spot with this billboard.
trees10.jpg

A player can rocket/sticky jump over to this tree and live here I guess
trees11.jpg

===================================================

Here are some OUT OF BOUNDS things that still have their colliders on that maybe should have.

The river running by the point.
OOB01.jpg

OOB02.jpg

OOB03.jpg

The skybox has these colliders on for some reason
OOB04.jpg

All of these things are outside of the playable area and a lot (but not all) of them can't even be shot or touched by the player so they should probably be non-solid
OOB05.jpg

OOB06.jpg

OOB07.jpg
OOB08.jpg
OOB09.jpg
OOB10.jpg
OOB11.jpg
OOB12.jpg
OOB13.jpg

I am going to spam a bunch of perch spots where you can hide away now. There are a LOT on the final capture point in the ceiling with the pipes. Not really, like, gamebreaking or anything. Just maybe wanna fill them in?

perch01.jpg
perch02.jpg
perch03.jpg
perch04.jpg
perch05.jpg
perch06.jpg
perch07.jpg
perch08.jpg
perch09.jpg
perch10.jpg
perch11.jpg
perch12.jpg
perch14.jpg
perch15.jpg

=============================
Here are a the rest of the things I found:

This bush fades in
propfade01.jpg
propfade02.jpg

The props outside the spawn door at the end of this walkway might fade a bit too aggressively
propfade03.jpg

propfade04.jpg

This hose floats
propfloat01.jpg

And so does this paint can in the wine cellar.
propfloat02.jpg

IN BLU SPAWN also I forgot to take a picture but the door handles on the bathroom doors are solid too.

Anyway that's all I found! You've made a beauitful map, hope it gets added!

Attachments

• OOB06.jpg
    OOB06.jpg
    830.7 KB · Views: 60