CP Yukon

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
Thanks guys! really appreciate the kind comments :D
Edit: I had images but I want to keep it under wraps for now :p
New middle, just polishing up now. I'll post in full at a later point as to my design decisions, but the point ended up getting moved down and the cap time lowered because, well, I want the map to be unique; having it on the bridge felt like a mirror of the 2nd and 4th points (covered cap on bridge) and looked too much like a badlands scenario; the side classes can't reach the bridge as easily as demo/soldier/scout so it was difficult to push in; the bridge was cramped etc.

So, I've:
1. Lowered the bridge itself (scouts can now jump up from rocks!)
2. Lowered the cap time
3. Expanded the new entrances onto bridge into full closets + relocated health here
4. Provided cover on the point itself
5. Detail fixes all around
6. Left the roof on the bridge able to be jumped over/on. This gives a unique feel to battles here: 3 separate tiers of fighting, roof, bridge and the point itself; you have to dominate 2 out of 3 to eventually take the point.

Hope yall like when I finish it!

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
Thats sounds perfect cant wait to try it.

Also i am sure you no this but this map is played in competitive and i have played it multiple times, and it plays great. Unfortunately we lost because the other team had 2 5 ping scouts.

Guardian

L1: Registered
Jul 27, 2009
I think you've gone above and beyond what is needed for a 5-point map. Currently this competes with cp_freight for the greatest 5-point map of all time in my mind, something I thought to be impossible.

The only problem I've seen so far, as Evang7 said, is the fact that newcomers get lost in it they're first time on the map. I remember a while ago whenever I spawned out of the 2nd spawn I'd always get lost and head to our last point then feel foolish and go back. Something like a sign could easily fix that.

Those changes you posted seem awesome. I've always missed the middle point being below the bridge, it made the map more unique and that new version sounds awesome. Can't wait for it.

FreeLance_FoX

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 6, 2008
Speaking of rc5... any news on when we can expect this beast to arrive? ^_^

Tentor

L1: Registered
Nov 28, 2008
While this map does look very good I think you could give it a little boost in game play.

But yes, congrats.

Last edited:

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Well done, buddy. Absolutely deserved. I'm sure this will please a lot of the comp people. :)