CP Yukon

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Rikka

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 10, 2009
Thumbs up, you deserve it.

Now that you've made it with the big dogs, you need to start whoring yourself out and pump out arena and koth versions of it. That's what all the professionals do.

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
Now, go yell at Valve for making it cp_yukon_final instead of cp_yukon.

annoys me too, i think they should do what they did with badwater basin and remove basin from the map name in server browser so only badwarer shows up on the loading screen.

You should do the same with furnace (creek), eureka (dunes) and stovepipe (wells). :)

Last edited:

evanonline

Mar 15, 2009
Now, go yell at Valve for making it cp_yukon_final instead of cp_yukon.

I'm so glad I'm not the only person bugged by this.

It'd be one thing if it was for consistency, but the only reason that "_final" persists on the end of community maps now is pretty much because they screwed up when shipping the Scout update--the files for Egypt and Junction's map list/map photos originally read WITHOUT the final, hence why they didn't show up correctly in either map until two months or so later. I got the idea it was an accident due to the fact that the Scout Update was running late. I don't get why they decided to work AROUND these changes and try to hide the "_final" iin any way they could when it would've been far simpler to just drop that from the map names.

What makes Fastlane, Turbine, Steel and Watchtower so special that THEY don't need the _final, huh??

annoys me to i think they should do what they did with badwater basin and remove basin from the map name in server browser so basin only shows up on the loading screen.

You should do the same with furnace (creek), eureka (dunes) and stovepipe (wells). :)

"Basin" isn't in the filename at all to begin with. It's just added into the full map name's display.

Last edited:

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
"Basin" isn't in the filename at all to begin with. It's just added into the full map name's display.[/QUOTE]

i wasnt talking about the file name but the name it displays in the server browser and loading screens.

evanonline

Mar 15, 2009
"Basin" isn't in the filename at all to begin with. It's just added into the full map name's display.

i wasnt talking about the file name but the name it displays in the server browser and loading screens.

I'm still sorta confused about what you're saying he should do; "_final" is automatically filtered to be removed from any map in the server browser in an effort to cover up laziness on Valve's half. It's still in the filename, but...

I still don't get why they didn't just change Junction and Egypt's names, instead of trying to cover up the _final! Both have received updates plenty of times before their various changes, so it's not like the issue of making people redownload maps is a problem...And I'm guessing since then that's why they've made every community map have _final after it.

Last edited:

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
Nice work on making the update:)
Keep up the good work.

EDIT: Just noticied on the official site, the screenshot shows the middle point being on the ground. Are they old screenshots or did you make another change?

Last edited:

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
First time i played the new version, i was like "What the f***, where is the middle cp?", until i noticed it was under the old position :D

Nice map, hope this will make it into the ETF2L map pool.

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
First time i played the new version, i was like "What the f***, where is the middle cp?", until i noticed it was under the old position :D

Nice map, hope this will make it into the ETF2L map pool.

he said in the next version (classless update) he was moving back under the bridge because it was to much like points 2 and 4. Its much better under.

frothy

L2: Junior Member
Mar 3, 2009
I got to play this last night and was pleasantly surprised. I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of 5 CP but I really had a blast.

Nice work and congratulations on making the update guys.

Last edited: