http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
Taking shape

pl_rushingriver_a430002.jpg

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Try making your buildings stick out in places. Be wary of being inspired by Cashworks, because many of the buildings are flat and uninteresting, and create long, straightforward routes that can be difficult to fight or maneuver through. Cashworks has been a fun map for years, but there are also reasons it hasn't been made official when several other very old maps have been (like Frontier). Think about why. It's not like Valve doesn't know it exists, or doesn't know it's popular.

Go and look at how parts of structures are built out or create little blind spots on official maps. You can find this on every official map, even ones like Nucleus and Junction. Even just look at the post by ICS just after yours, and see how the buildings are not all rectangular prisms. I think it will really help you.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
An Update on my map

First Area
- Removed the big fence
- Added fences around the roof
- Added a new ramp to get to the roof
- Updated the ramps heading to the roof to use ramp prop

Second Area
- Added no build to the second blue spawn roof for only for red after blue caps the first control point ( No sentry spawn camping )
- Added new door to head into the third area

Third Area
- Updated red last spawn to remove a spawn exit and updated another exit to be in the lower part of the map
- Added new exit for the up top area
- Added a new platform on the other side of the up top area to match the original plat form
- Added new drop down area

rick an morty 1.PNG rick an morty 2.PNG rick an morty 3.PNG rick an morty 4.PNG

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
I am creating an event map for Badwater. This map event concept is the map is "broken" and the map is devied into 4 different themes. The first part of the map will be plain Badwater then the second area would be base off of barnblitz then the third area would base off of Rottenburg, then the last area would be hell. If you people think this is a horrible idea I would can the map.

aj lee.PNG cm punk.PNG i dig crazy chicks.PNG

P

Prosciutto

I am creating an event map for Badwater. This map event concept is the map is "broken" and the map is devied into 4 different themes. The first part of the map will be plain Badwater then the second area would be base off of barnblitz then the third area would base off of Rottenburg, then the last area would be hell. If you people think this is a horrible idea I would can the map.

aj lee.PNG cm punk.PNG i dig crazy chicks.PNG
The idea is nice i guess

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
P

Prosciutto

4fL7Wqc.jpg

so a lot has changed on my pl map as you can see, this is an area near C point, as you can see i changed the theming from swamp/mining to snowy/industrial. i did this because an mining theme in an swamp didn't make sense. so now its a snow map just like my old payload map: crossover. the map also got a new name and backstory. the new name is pl_distillery. the backstory of the map is stilll very WIP but here it is: red has an beer distillery in the snowy alaskan mountains. you may think its an normal distillery but it is an facade for red's super deadly weapon. blu doesn't like that and try to blow up their weapon with an payload bomb.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Союз инженеров-наёмников, Mercenary Engineers United, and Королевские раскопки и снос, Royal Excavation & Demolition. It's the canonical Russian localization for the team names made by Valve, too.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Then how come the Russian localization doesn't already use textures that look like that?

...Or maybe they do, but only Russians know.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Then how come the Russian localization doesn't already use textures that look like that?

...Or maybe they do, but only Russians know.
Easier said than done. As far as I know Source can only handle localization of strings and audio, not textures and models. (Also localizing those would be considerably more difficult and time consuming.)

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Easier said than done. As far as I know Source can only handle localization of strings and audio, not textures and models. (Also localizing those would be considerably more difficult and time consuming.)

Are the edited Chinese CS:GO weapon skins evident of extra localization features in newer versions of Source? Example:

Eg63mqM.png

Tumby

aa
May 12, 2013
Some things change depending on the country you are in, but you won't be able to affect it by changing some settings. For example, if the first time you ever installed TF2 was while having steam believe you are german, your game will forever be censored. From what I can tell (meaning everything after these brackets is speculation), this is done by downloading some extra files which will override stuff like blood particle effects. Simply deleting these files won't do the trick as the game checks for their existance when you launch it.