WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

D

Deleted member 20029

Since i sometimes get stuck on detailing, i often run around maps admiring details. I didnt copy/paste it, but memorized it :) I will have to change it if its part of official map though. At least to the point where it doesnt scream mountainlab when you look at it.

However, the map is influenced by mountainlab and im not trying to hide it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I'd say Mountainlab crossed with a warm-weather version of Barnblitz. Me likey.

MacRipley

L3: Member
Jan 15, 2015
nice!! Some of the wood textures should be rotated properly but still really promising! The building with the mannco sign looks incredible, thats mainly where you can see the wood textures that need to be rotated around though

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
first post here :)

Jeez, what happened with all the green? It looks like someone put a filter on. It would be a lot less gassy looking and nicer without it. Everything else seems great.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
d3ca07c998.png

f1cdf0b952.png

edd214f25f.png

Alpha 6

D

Deleted member 20029

Imo the yellow beams in first screenshot look weird. I really love the work with snow though.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Imo the yellow beams in first screenshot look weird. I really love the work with snow though.

Yeah Frozen mentioned that yesterday, I'm debating what to do because it looks super plain without anything there.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I didn't realize we even had a rock texture that could take snow that way. When did we get that?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I didn't realize we even had a rock texture that could take snow that way. When did we get that?

I made it for snowplow, I hadn't planned on giving it out, but frozen went and gave everything out because I probably ok'd it when I wasn't thinking

tiling mesh:
cliffmesh.JPG

comparison:
newsnowblend.gif

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
I made it for snowplow, I hadn't planned on giving it out, but frozen went and gave everything out because I probably ok'd it when I wasn't thinking
Aly was the one who told me to use it once it was available, even if Frozen hadn't released it I probably would have extracted it from Snowplow anyway (with your permission of course).

It's a fantastic texture and I absolutely fucking adore it.

Oct 6, 2008
Alpha map almost ready

My alpha is getting closer to release - any help/ideas would be appreciated:

lost_horizon_fusion_reactor100000.jpg

lost_horizon_fusion_reactor100001.jpg

lost_horizon_fusion_reactor100002.jpg

in this shot below you can see the 3 payload tracks:

lost_horizon_fusion_reactor100004.jpg

The control room - any ideas of how to get that monitor panel to look right? It comes that way out of the box.:huh:
lost_horizon_fusion_reactor100005.jpg

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
My alpha is getting closer to release - any help/ideas would be appreciated

Alpha as in first version of the map? What if something is wrong with the gameplay - you'll have to scrap a large chunk of the detailing you've already done - which is why a lot of people map in dev textures before going into detailing.

It looks really prop spammy, like you found some cool looking props in the model browser and tried to find an excuse to use them in a map - a big empty room map with powerful sightlines everywhere. I think the first screenshot area looks okay, but in the large open space of the next few screen shots looks not fun.

About the monitor - I would see how valve used it, they might have some special trick up their sleeve to get it to look proper.

Also what gamemode is this for?

Oct 6, 2008
Alpha as in first version of the map? What if something is wrong with the gameplay - you'll have to scrap a large chunk of the detailing you've already done - which is why a lot of people map in dev textures before going into detailing.

It looks really prop spammy, like you found some cool looking props in the model browser and tried to find an excuse to use them in a map - a big empty room map with powerful sightlines everywhere. I think the first screenshot area looks okay, but in the large open space of the next few screen shots looks not fun.

About the monitor - I would see how valve used it, they might have some special trick up their sleeve to get it to look proper.

Also what gamemode is this for?

I had the dev textures on until last night :)

Re: big empty room - yep have been having an issue with this - if it was outdoor setting maybe not that much of a problem but I wanted to allow jumping room for demo/soldier but it does leave me with sightline issues. I have been thinking of putting in a couple more glass walls (with roofs) on the balconies but am concerned with sentry guns being able to lock down a tunnel.

Know the name of a valve map where it's been used? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Re: Gamemode - it's the modified payload / payload race I've been working on. Blue will push two carts at the same time - 1 to reactor core A and one to reactor core B. When the carts get to their final cap points the shield rotator will stop and fall away and then the electrics effects start up showing the overload. Both Carts will also become disabled and the third cart in behind the blue doors (which open up) will become active. Blue will then push this cart into the center cap point to end the round

Last edited:

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
Oh my god, how did you get into my mind?!?!?!

I was wondering what aerial would look like in a pyrovision mode.