WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Today I discovered hdr and color correction; also can someone please tell me why every rounded wall isn't lightning properly.

This looks much better. Get rid of those sprites on the fluorescent lights though, it just looks ridiculous. Your round stuff probably needs smoothing groups (I keep meaning to write a thing on how to use these because there's no guide at all, but I am not convinced I fully understand them myself). And ever since Steve pointed it out, your differently sized stairs are hurting me physically in real life.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Alternately, it might be due to a mix of world brushes and func_details, which are specifically designed to never match up no matter what you do.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
koth_quarry_b30001.jpg

koth_quarry_b30002.jpg

It doesn't look like it, but I've actually added quite a bit in. For one, soundscapes. For two, areaportals.

Last edited:

Yacan1

D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R
aa
Nov 7, 2010
*Pictures*

Wow, the color is great and the light compliments some of the textures you picked. Makes the space more cold in contrast but I think it looks pretty good. Nice job.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
Alternately, it might be due to a mix of world brushes and func_details, which are specifically designed to never match up no matter what you do.

Ah interesting, the ones in spawn are both continuous func_details, but the ones in the main room have smoothing groups which extend back to the world. Thanks.

also yeah I'll fix those stairs when I figure out what to do with them!

So many amazing wips here *_*

I wish to be that good

practice

Last edited:

GPuzzle

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 27, 2012
While I was experimentating with some doors, I've managed to create a sliding door. The problem? It was showing the nodraw texture face.

PHISH

L1: Registered
Sep 14, 2012
lol, i'll share the scoreboard textures once I get a little farther.

So...after I put that scoreboard up against the brick it reminded me of some older sports stadiums. I've basically scrapped the previous yard and making a new type of 'yard' around this theme. It's not going to have a massive open area it's kind of a mini football stadium, but the stands provide some nice ramps and it seems to be coming together better. It's already a lot more fun with bots!