WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
but a heavy punching a sentry to death with his bare fists is fine :)

There's a difference between game mechanics and a dodgey looking model concept.

Why am i reminded of the cop out "red and blu have 2 symmetrical bases opposite each other in the middle of nowhere, i can justify anything with that logic, like TF2 on Mars" arguement.

There is totally a difference in context between the heavy beating a sentry with his fists and your dodgely designed baton.

Last edited:

soylent robot

L420: High Member
May 26, 2009
There's a difference between game mechanics and a dodgey looking model concept.

Why am i reminded of the cop out "red and blu have 2 symmetrical bases opposite each other in the middle of nowhere, i can justify anything with that logic, like TF2 on Mars" arguement.

There is totally a difference in context between the heavy beating a sentry with his fists and your dodgely designed baton.

sorry for posting my work and asking for help with the texture. its just a simple thing for practising compiling stuff into tf2

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Joodude, that really is a lot of wood; perhaps you could make the kart ramps stone? Might look better, might not.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
sorry for posting my work and asking for help with the texture. its just a simple thing for practising compiling stuff into tf2

You're completely ignoring my point and opting to be sensitive and take my comments as a personal attack. The model doesn't look right, it should be held with with the whole hand, not 2 fingers. Stop acting like i'm hating on it for the sake of hating on it, that's not what i'm doing.

You can disagree with me by all means, i just think your reason and logic given in its defence is flawed. Your excuse that a heavy shouldn't be able to punch a sentry, but can, is a completely different issue to whether a melee weapon looks like a valid weapon in its owners hand.

It's the same with the caber. It clearly wouldn't be a realistic melee weapon but it's a class mechanic related weapon and actually does blow up the demoman most of the time.

Last edited:

soylent robot

L420: High Member
May 26, 2009
You're completely ignoring my point and opting to be sensitive and take my comments as a personal attack. The model doesn't look right, it should be held with with the whole hand, not 2 fingers. Stop acting like i'm hating on it for the sake of hating on it, that's not what i'm doing.

You can disagree with me by all means, i just think your reason and logic given in its defence is flawed. Your excuse that a heavy shouldn't be able to punch a sentry, but can, is a completely different issue to whether a melee weapon looks like a valid weapon in its owners hand.

It's the same with the caber. It clearly wouldn't be a realistic melee weapon but it's a class mechanic related weapon and actually does blow up the demoman most of the time.

i did say in another post that the grip wasnt right and i needed to fix it, but yeah, i did default to the "herp derp oversensitive" response. sorry about that

322F2B49110C8A69AE90B93E30A0E72B386F7F19

got the texture fixed though. now to resize it so it fits his hand