RaVaGe

aa
Jun 23, 2010
drawers.jpg

Since I am a cabinetmaker, I can give you some tips :D

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
The legs look pretty similar to what I drew, but I love that bit on the bottom def gonna do that.

Thanks <3

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
morras a33
dx9.0, low shader detail
cp_morras_castle_a340003.jpg

dx9.0, high shader detail
cp_morras_castle_a340004.jpg

RE: the lighting issue, specifically your map, does the following vrad variable change the above "splotches" in any way?

-LargeDispSampleRadius
This can be used if there are splotches of bounced light on terrain. The compile will take longer, but it will gather light across a wider area.

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
Looks like a mimic dresser of sorts... :p

Rear legs can be solid blocks, as they usually are. front two lets need to be slightly thicker where they connect to the bottom of the dresser.

RaVaGe

aa
Jun 23, 2010
Those legs are too high. And in term of construction, it's impossible to do that, because the leg is a part of the uphill.

Jan 8, 2011
OK guys, as exciting as this is, I'm gonna point this out:

Those back legs will be at ground level in a dark environment where nobody will see them. It doesn't really matter.

Deodorant

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2011
Hello again and thanks for the help. My outdoor lighting looks much better now, and I'll probably start making good indoor lighting relatively soon. Now, here's my next problem.

"Well, it took some work, but now I've finally managed to make smooth transitions between all my displacements."
d5we.png

"I will now run the map to admire the smooth, snowy fruits of my labor, and I'm absolutely positive that there will be no negative surprises awaiting me whatsoe-"
d5yH.png

"...."
So, what happened, and which pagan god will I have to appease to fix it? Also, don't mind the floating stone cube in the background.

Furthermore, here's the room containing the hill. It's currently a featureless, vast expanse. Any comments on how I should furnish it? I think it needs some terrace-ey height level stuff that looks nice and spices up combat slightly, but doesn't have too much of an effect on how it plays.
d5z2.png

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2009
Those legs are too high. And in term of construction, it's impossible to do that, because the leg is a part of the uphill.

Since when was TF2 construction ever logical?

RaVaGe

aa
Jun 23, 2010
drawers2.jpg

I think it's preferable to do that ;), those legs are too curved and don't fit with the heavy style of the console.

Sep 1, 2009

soylent robot

L420: High Member
May 26, 2009
Since when do two opposing factions build bases 30 yards from each other?

oh look, it's this again

i think the curvy legs don't fit very well. the rings and the weird kneecap looking thing makes them look a bit sci-fi to me, if that makes sense.
something like in Ravage's edit might be better, just have the curved edge go all the way down the front legs

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
I think it's preferable to do that ;), those legs are too curved and don't fit with the heavy style of the console.

Yeah that does look nice. Updated the pic.

Thanks for all the feedback :3

Since when do two opposing factions build bases 30 yards from each other?

That's irrelevant, the point is that they're never constructed in such a way where it's questionable as to how they're standing, and whether they're supported.

Tf2's architecture and props don't just magicly hold themselves up, or have obviously lacking supports.

RaVaGe

aa
Jun 23, 2010
The hind legs is not logical, you need to see the legs as a continuation of the uphill, not a foot below a plateau.

drawers3.jpg