Jun 7, 2015
Ok i let the vmf so i hope you can help me now

Attachments

• pl_watercity_a1.vmf
    81.7 KB · Views: 64

Nighttime71

L2: Junior Member
Jan 11, 2016
I noticed the map was being projected into the skybox and it turns out you had a sky_camera inside your level. After deleting it, the water showed up.

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
I noticed the map was being projected into the skybox and it turns out you had a sky_camera inside your level. After deleting it, the water showed up.

So this was supposed to be a part of a 3D skybox? I'm sure the water would work normally if it was a power 4 displacement (cuz skybox objects don't need collision).

Edit: Their sky_camera could be a mistake though.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
So this was supposed to be a part of a 3D skybox? I'm sure the water would work normally if it was a power 4 displacement (cuz skybox objects don't need collision).

Edit: Their sky_camera could be a mistake though.
Water can't be a displacement.

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
Water can't be a displacement.

I mixed it up with something I guess. Wasn't the water on the new de_nuke a displacement? (It doesn't have water physics, instead is an animated texture or something looking like water)

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
The water brush, that splashes and reflects and refracts and that you can swim in and whatnot, can't be a displacement. If you put one of the "water" textures on a displacement, they'll break it and not work - or look - good. You can, however, put one of the waterfall textures on a displacement. This won't act like the water in any way, since the waterfall textures are technically not "water".

And yes, sky cameras should be in the 3d skybox.

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
The water brush, that splashes and reflects and refracts and that you can swim in and whatnot, can't be a displacement. If you put one of the "water" textures on a displacement, they'll break it and not work - or look - good. You can, however, put one of the waterfall textures on a displacement. This won't act like the water in any way, since the waterfall textures are technically not "water".

And yes, sky cameras should be in the 3d skybox.

So I somewhat was thinking correctly. Thanks for clearing that out though.

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
Honestly the first glance at this thread earlier had me thinking. I thought we had pipe problems.