Valve Maps (Decompiled)

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
Ghost town needs a decompile since its diffirent to the coaltown event thats on the list. Even though its probably only the spawn they changed i still want to know how they actualy made it (especialy since its halloween themed now).

And the map does have a worthy bug for the topic of valves tiny mistakes. In this case it would be tilted flying bottles

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
I don't play TF2 anymore, but I can install it now while I'm at work and then run a fresh decompile once I get home. Shouldn't be a problem at all. ;)

RavenStryker

aa
Nov 25, 2008
Sorry for the delay, some things came up. But as promised, all of the newly decomplied maps up to today's date! Hope everyone enjoys!

RavenStryker

aa
Nov 25, 2008
What difference does that make? You can still extract them using GCFScape?

Little do people know but you don't even need GCFScape anymore. Valve restructured the files and the maps are no longer packed away as you can see in the screenshot below. All that needs to be done is decompiling them through BSPSource now. Makes my job a lot easier!

VVatWju.png

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
The Viaduct links are mixed up

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
I wonder if this thread is also going to contain the new dev maps. Specificly for watching at how they designed gamemodes this could be interesting. The downside is that the maps change often though so it could have an older version (maybe marking that with a date?).

RavenStryker

aa
Nov 25, 2008
I'll keep an eye on it. I need to update this thread with the current new maps as well which I've been slacking on. I should be able to do that tonight if everything goes as planned.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Honestly, you should re-decompile all of them, using the newer updated BSPsrc now. A lot of these maps have a lot of decompile errors that vmex did that BSPsrc handles now. Some of the original ones are pretty bad in comparison to how well decompiling usually goes now.

RavenStryker

aa
Nov 25, 2008
That can be arranged. I have been using BSPSource since the beginning of this thread to decompile all the maps. But that doesn't mean updates to the program will not fix other errors that are currently occurring. :thumbup1: