Valve Maps (Decompiled)

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I'm surprised that even works, what with playerclip not cutting vis and all.

And I'm not seeing it in Gold Rush. Are you looking at a decompiled version or the SDK copy? 'Cause I'm looking at the SDK one.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I don't remember, but I remember some other map doing it. I was told once it might have been a corrupted decompile, and you're right, there should be no reason to decomp GR.

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Yes, I have decompiled all of the maps and it seems like more and more are having issues when they are decompiled. Invalid solids are the main one, and then when you save it without the invalid objects all the entities do disappear. So far out of all the maps I've decompiled there are 6-7 that are doing this which makes it tough to release a quality pack when certain ones are not working. If I don't save it and try to open it again it just crashes hammer, so it's a lose lose situation right now. I'll "attempt" to contact valve and let them know what I have going on and if they have a fix for it I will "attempt" to fix it but no guarantee. Here's to hoping!

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
You should bring up the VRAD splotches issue while you're at it. Is there anything else wrong with Hammer at the moment?

EDIT: So I was bored and decided to go in and manually move all the real playerclips into a visgroup, hide them, then do a texture replace on everything that was left and move the clips back out into the open. Basically recreating what the map would look like if it had been made properly. Blade, you want I should email you the result?

Last edited:

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
You talking about the ink stains? Those are ugly.

And hopefully that's caused by the same thing that have given me trouble in my own map, but with a fully unlit face.

The_Virgo

L1: Registered
Jul 3, 2012
Go back one page maybe? >_>

I saw that link on another thread, but I wasn't sure if it was a decompiled version or not. Thankfully, I decided to check here before I made the mistake of asking! ;) I also didn't want to download WinRar, but, meh, I'll live.

Thanks!

Last edited:

NameUser

L1: Registered
Sep 15, 2011
How long we gotta wait for koth_king? I'm actually eager to attempt to convert and expand it into A/D format, as it's my new favorite map but I don't like koth.

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Sorry about this guys, I am in the middle of reworking my whole computer(equipment wise) and I do not have all the sources right now to put in the new maps. I will not be able to do so for at least 2 more weeks. So if anyone is able to help these people, you can go ahead and do so until I am able to batch decompile them all.