Update 5/11/2016 changelog

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Pocket, May 12, 2016.

1. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Because for some reason it didn't get mirrored in the blog, so it didn't get auto-posted.
    • Added the Mayflower Cosmetic Case and Mayflower Cosmetic Key
      • New community cosmetics case with 14 items
    • Fixed weapons not playing idle animations when cl_autoreload was set to 1
    • Fixed team Spectator using the wrong name in tournament mode
    • Fixed occasionally getting the wrong output for the nextmap command
    • Fixed a regression with the explosive-headshot upgrade sound in Mann vs. Machine
    • Fixed the SMG firing tracers for every bullet while Focus is activated
    • Fixed The Sheriff's Stetson and The Patriot Peak not using the correct Blue team material
    • Updated models/materials for The Well-Rounded Rifleman, The Federal Casemaker, The Sub Zero Suit, The Salty Dog, and Universal Translator
    • Players can no longer change teams in Mannpower Mode
    • Updated tc_hydro and ctf_2fort to fix a problem with cubemaps
    I wonder what the cubemap problem was, and whether this was really the first time anyone noticed it. Eh, it's an excuse to repack two of the biggest maps in the game at least.

2. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Hydro's water never reflected anything, and neither did 2Fort's. Hydro's water looked like a solid surface, so at least it reflects now. Still doesn't refract though, which is a bummer.

3. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Still confused by this. What's so objectionable about switching teams in Mannpower? Unless I'm misreading it somehow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dr. Orange

Dr. Orange L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I guess the problem of being on the losing team and switching to the winning team is an even bigger problem when powerups and slingshots are included. Or maybe it's just an experimental test thingy.

5. Toomai

Toomai L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Reddit seems to agree that team-stacking is the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    Perhaps there was some other bug that this is a stopgap solution to.

7. theatreTECHIE

aa theatreTECHIE Yet another Techie for the net...

Positive Ratings:
    Well I play on a community server in Aus, where you are automatically put into a team (based on stats), and you can't switch teams. The system on the server works well, and we rarely have really one sided games. I can only think that this is similar.

8. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Hah, Cow Mangler and Bison no longer auto-reload even with the auto-reload option enabled.

Neat.

Also, for some reason weapons with a damage penalty against buildings still show the damage numbers of a weapon not having damage penalties agains buildings. Bison does way less damage to buildings yet if I have to believe the damage numbers it'll 2-shot a Mini Sentry.

9. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    damn how will I reload them then
    I have "Thanks!" voiceline binded for R while other buttons are unconvenient to use as the reload button.

10. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Right mouse button also reloads it for some reason AND still gives you the charged shot.

11. Izotope

aa Izotope Never releases maps

Positive Ratings:
    You can bind multiple commands to a key, you know ;)

12. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    So each time I reload, I thank GabeN for giving me the life, time and cover to reload

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Wait until later today, it'll be patched.

And then something completely and unrelated gets broken which will then need to be fixed and the update that fixes that breaks yet another thing and we go on and on and on and on...

14. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Really? I'm sure 2fort's water used to reflect. I mean, look at this. That's a reflection, all right, and that picture is from 2010.

15. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    That's the point, it did for some while it didn't for others (including me). Same with cp_well. And Thunder Mountain. And basically any other map with water on it. I've seen videos on the YouTubes from like 2012 where the water on Thunder Mountain reflects but to this day it refuses to do just that on my end. And I've set the water to reflect everything in my options thing.

16. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Are you sure your computer isn't just auto-disabling mat_specular? Mine does that for some reason.

17. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    If that's the case it wouldn't show reflections on any map.

18. Zed

aa Zed Certified Most Crunk™

Positive Ratings:
    Really like that Valve somehow managed to not realize there was already a cosmetic named "Skullcap" in the game.

19. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Not the first time they've forgotten about other cosmetics. See: Storm Stompers

20. CommodoreKong

aa CommodoreKong

Positive Ratings:
    There are so many cosmetics in the game I can't blame them for not remembering the name of every single one, but is it really that hard to type of the name they come up with for cosmetics into the wiki to see if they already exist?