Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack

Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack 2014-11-06

spekkio

L1: Registered
Jan 27, 2012
This is very helpful. I tried following the Valve Wiki to set up a single stage PL map, and my spawns were ruined (like you said). Thanks again for all your hard work!

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
I have a problem with the crossover on the Payload Race setup. My RED cart gets stuck at the end of the crossover point, yet my BLU cart works just fine and works normally. I've tried both crossing the RED cart first and then BLU, and BLU first and then RED but it doesn't have any change.

Any help?

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Completely stuck? It sounds like a path connection issue rather than crossover logic if it happens no matter which cart goes first. If the blu cart arrives first and the red doesn't arrive until after the blu has cleared, the red cart is supposed to just go through as if nothing special was there. (the crossover becomes inactive after use)

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
Completely stuck? It sounds like a path connection issue rather than crossover logic if it happens no matter which cart goes first. If the blu cart arrives first and the red doesn't arrive until after the blu has cleared, the red cart is supposed to just go through as if nothing special was there. (the crossover becomes inactive after use)

It goes through the actual crossover point just fine with both situations (even with the automated part if it goes first), it just stops on the path where the relay is (the end of the crossover segment). It should continue just fine with the connections I have but it just won't go on to the next path.

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
Well my next guess would be the capture zone isn't being properly re-enabled, though it should never be disabled in the first place if blu arrives first.

Have you modified the crossover logic to fit your map or anything? All I can say is double-check it and/or re-copy the logic over in case you accidentally deleted something. Not to sound condescending, but the plr/crossover logic from my library was used in Hightower so I have more confidence in that than anything else in my library, having had tens of thousands of tests by now without issue (that I'm aware of).

I'd be willing to take a look at your map myself if wish.

Last edited:

Wreckin Ya

Feb 4, 2012
I need help. Everything installs correctly except the soundscape library.

SapphSky

Jul 10, 2011
I am having a problem where Hammer crashes the moment I edit something on my map. Is there something wrong that I've done with the installation?

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
Shouldn't be. The only instability this can cause is if you have opened both parts of the prop library, due to the huge amount of models/textures that need to be loaded. If you aren't doing that, I'm not sure what would cause that.

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say, so I'll just explain a few things. By figures I'm guessing you mean the red/blue engineer? Those are for info_player_teamspawn (what TF2 uses). You might be using one of the other entities that is still set to green gordon.
The entity_spawn_manager you have isn't for player spawning, either. That is what handles spawning things such as the exploding pumpkins.

Also, those errors messages are due to a problem in Valve's default FGD, but it does not actually cause any issues.

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
In that case I believe it is a conflict with the tfadmin.fgd you are also using. Didn't occur to me when I noticed it in the errors before. If multiple FGDs have the same entities defined the last one loaded is what gets used. Judging by the error messages tfadmin.fgd is being loaded last, which has it's own inclusion of tf.fgd, which would override what was set by mine.

Without knowing what exactly is in tfadmin, my recommended course of action would be to open tf-abs.fgd, and change the top line to include tfadmin.fgd rather than tf.fgd so that the inclusion order is tf-abs -> tfadmin -> tf (which will then be loaded in reverse, since the includes are at the top and handled first).
After that, remove tfadmin from the list in Hammer and leave just mine in there.

If there is anything that both tfadmin and tf-abs customize, then that won't work and they would need to be manually merged.

SapphSky

Jul 10, 2011
Well, I found out it was the hi-res 3D view option crashing Hammer (due to my low end rig laptop.) Glad to be able to finally use this. Much obliged!

JustAHorrible

L2: Junior Member
May 5, 2012
How do I bring up the program? I can't get it loaded but I installed it.