Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack

Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack 2014-11-06

NoodleCollie

Stoat fiend
aa
Jul 30, 2009
Something I just spotted - in the 3-stage A/D gametype prefab, the third stage's team_control_point_round changes the objective message to the final message from Dustbowl but the other rounds don't change it back, meaning that once the final round is completed the first round then begins with the "Defend the final control point!" message.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Did you see it actually happen? I made it that way because after the final round the entire entity system is refreshed, and everything reverts back to map-load state. So it shouldn't be necessary (and ultimately redundant) to specify it unless valve has gone and changed something.

NoodleCollie

Stoat fiend
aa
Jul 30, 2009
Well what happened to me was that I was checking through a map with bots, I was on the Blue team and we played all the way through and won. Then when I respawned on Red the next round it said "You are now defending! Defend the final control point." I can check again if you like, just to make sure.

Last edited:

Regorek

L1: Registered
Jun 20, 2012
Wow, I was dreading making a map (Which I've always wanted to do for a personal server, but worried about all the props and balance and etc.) but this makes it seem almost possible! Thanks for putting this here!

kobthehawk

Jul 23, 2012
Generic filters

i am new to map making and do not know how to put down filters with your prefabs. :( could you please help me?

goatcheese3

Dec 30, 2012
I want to make a snigle-stage A/D map, but there is no prefab for it. Can I just copy the last two points and delete the team_control_point round entities, or do I need to do something else?

compfast

Apr 25, 2013
Hey, AWESOME work, is this OK to use in the lastest version of TF2 ?

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
As far as I am aware, yes. I do not map any longer but I haven't heard of any issues cropping up.

However on tuesday TF2 is scheduled to be converted to VPKs and I expect the installer will cease to work if the SDK structure is altered (Which I'll fix as soon as I can), though the SDK itself may not work for awhile anyway.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
This doesn't affect TF2 in any way, so yes it's fine. Unless you've updated to the steampipe version, in which case you won't be able to use Source SDK for it at all.

edit: the snark was ninjum

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
I'd hope that Valve at least updates the fgds while they are updating the sdk. Of course, the true gem here is the awesome entity icons. Valve should just license them.

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
I'd probably hand them over if they wanted, but I don't think that's going to happen. When they were made aware of the pack (I think when Nine nominated me for a community weapon) they made some comment that they might like to ship some of the stuff but then I never heard anything more on the matter, so I guess not.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
I think they just forgot. You should go and bug random staff members until they remember again.