Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack

Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack 2014-11-06

JustAHorrible

L2: Junior Member
May 5, 2012
Then it is already working in hammer.

this isn't a seperate program, this just modifies preferences and prefabs of hammer.

How do I bring it up though?

JustAHorrible

L2: Junior Member
May 5, 2012
The libraries are just VMFs that you open like any other map. The prefabs can be found and used like so. Everything else just exists and isn't something you "use" per se.

I saw some dude using the map in a window. How do I do this?

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
If by finish you mean make a first alpha from scratch, you're on the right track. If you mean make a completely finished map from scratch you'll never change again, you're doing it wrong ;)

samp20

L1: Registered
Jul 4, 2012
Are there any FGD updates for the new func_flagdetectionzone and the changes to item_teamflag?

Nevertheless this is an extremely useful resource, thanks :D

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
So, any update planed to deal with MVM? Have you tried bribing Valve to let them use your icons? They are excellent.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
I'll probably look into it Soon™ enough once I find some time. It figures that after I "finish" because nothing is happening on the mapping scene, they add two new game modes mere weeks apart.

edit: Sooner than later, I guess. Since there are now fatal issues with my pack that nobody told me about.

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
OnStartOvertime is still in my FGD. I would guess your config (options>game configs) got reverted to default, but there would be much more noticeable things then (entity icons, spawn engy).

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Well this is just a resource pack: it adds icons for entities which would otherwise show up as gray cubes, provides .vmf's with most props organised into categories, a .vmf with the entity setup for most gamemodes, and many other things. Even without this pack you can make a map - it's just easier and faster with it.