The Über Update, Day Three

h3r1n6

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 7, 2009
I find these best unlocks they given us so far, what is so wrong with them? :confused:

Well, I judge them from a 6v6 point of view.

The air crit shovel is amazing, I give you that, but it's just a for fun pub weapon. Same with the stomp boots.

The new shotgun is a less versatile shotgun that just promotes using shotgun against players that jump in. I wouldn't mind faster weapon switch though.

Riding crop is overpwored. Basically, just whip your medic or scouts at the start, and you will have a rather large advantage in the midfight. Depending on the speed bonus it might be useless though, still straight upgrade from shovel.

Rocket launcher, mehh.

Retroid

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 25, 2009
Am I the only one that would like to see 16 vs 16 comp play? I've played a little 6 vs 6 but it'd be interesting to see how a massive organised group would play...

Mr. Happy

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 16, 2008
great new weapons, new map, but the game still crashes constantly and fails to connect to up and running servers with open slots :(

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Unlocks are for fun, I play for fun too.

Fun is subjective. People have fun teleporter griefing, the other 22 players do not enjoy being teleported into gaps in geometry or infront of enemy SG's.

You may enjoy killing people with the equaliser or shortstop, but everyone else thinks it's cheap.

AKA many of the unlocks suck balls for varying reasons, whether the stats are OP or the weapon is largely useless and could have been a more useful weapon for another class that requires a new weapon more. Whether you as an individual believe otherwise or not, fact is fact. If it wasn't true many of the items wouldn't eventually get nerfed or buffed.

Am I the only one that would like to see 16 vs 16 comp play? I've played a little 6 vs 6 but it'd be interesting to see how a massive organised group would play...

16 vs 16? I thought the reason for 6 vs 6 was because it's easier to organise PUG's of this scale and that any more players per team and voice chatter gets excessive; besides, anything more than 12 vs 12 is obnoxious.

Last edited:

Doctor Paprika

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 24, 2011
16 vs 16? I thought the reason for 6 vs 6 was because it's easier to organise PUG's of this scale; besides, anything more than 12 vs 12 is obnoxious.

True, but 12v12 comp would still fulfill his basic idea, i.e. two large, coordinated groups with more varied class rosters instead of two tight teams. I don't play comp because I'm still not good at this game after three years, but I do watch eXtv's comp videos and I would love to see some larger teams out there in, like, TF2 Pro-Bowls and exhibition matches.

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
jaz6lt.jpg

Retroid

Aug 25, 2009
So when was the detonator added? I know for a fact it wasn't there last night... (GMT)

Retroid

Aug 25, 2009
I mean added to the page lol. I always check for hidden links and I know it wasn't there..