The Über Update, Day Three

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
There is no guarantee we're going to be getting Raid/Specialty in this update.

I remember for the longest time we swore Pipeline was going to be in the scout update, but it wasn't ready at the time

Doctor Paprika

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 24, 2011
I really hope Valve is trolling. Unless they really do release a new game mode or new buildables or something else massive, I don't see how they can back up their claim that this is the biggest, most ambitious update so far. Some new weapons, simple and straight forward (albeit cool) weapons for most of the classes, and Meet the Medic is hardly game-changing.

Also, I assume there are missing stats for the Detonator, otherwise it's literally just a reskinned Flaregun with an Alt-Fire function, i.e. a complete upgrade. I can't tell if it's changed from the Beta one or not.

I don't want to be one of those people who whine about free updates. I'm stoked that Valve is actually releasing some new weapons that aren't gimmicky, ugly, community-made junkpiles I'll never use. It's just that, not only is this the first real update to the game since I got a computer that actually can run TF2 properly (Replay Update doesn't count to me), but Medic is my favorite class and Valve hyped the hell out of it with all the doves and the Saxxys and calling it the "Uber Update".

Uber means Super, damnit, don't just chuck us some new shotguns and boots.

Last edited:

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
I'm stoked that Valve is actually releasing some new weapons that aren't gimmicky, ugly, community-made junkpiles I'll never use.
Valve designed all the weapons. The community weapons were only modelled by the community, but everything else about them is Valve-produced.

Mar 23, 2010
tomorrow the ARG starts within meet the medic

Doctor Paprika

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 24, 2011
Valve designed all the weapons. The community weapons were only modelled by the community, but everything else about them is Valve-produced.

I know, but everyone calls them "community" weapons because most of the ideas - as far as I can tell - for their gameplay roles and stats came from TF2 forums as well as the models coming from the contribution site.

What I mean is that I'm glad they're coming out with some nice, solid-looking weapons that don't (for the most part) have any of the gimmicky, overly complicated attributes I see in 99% of unlock ideas that pop up on SPUF.

Also, I apologize if I sounded like I was knocking the creative TF2 fan community. Obviously, I'm on this site, so it's not like I think only Valve should be making new content. It's just that, I mean... come on, the Fists of Steel? Really?

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008

I should hope so. The average SPUF suggestion in terms of weapon stats lies between the stock weapon and the Valve Rocket Launcher. People don't seem to realise that "awesome" for one person usually means "rage quit" for everyone else.

I'm sure a rocket launcher rail-gun hybrid that does 300% more damage, has 200% firing speed would be fun, for "you". But it would not be fun for anyone else on the receiving end.

Of course even Valve make mistakes. The Equaliser and Short Stop to name but a few.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
It is a very good pack, although i think the Pyro deserved more :(

Also I still have no idea why i read these updates the day after.

Edit: Which timezone is atleast 16 hours later?

Last edited:

REEJ

L420: High Member
Aug 26, 2010
timezones. heard of those?

don't try to understand them, just acknowledge their existence :O

and about the update, from reddit
visuakl.png

lol

Last edited:

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
why is a scout pistol with -60% clip size, +15% damage a bad idea
your homework for today

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Also I still have no idea why i read these updates the day after.

Edit: Which timezone is atleast 16 hours later?

Seriously? o_O

Just think about it for a second..

..or google timezones