the lights on my maps won't work

Rocketboi

L1: Registered
Mar 28, 2020
so my maps all have a light_environment and my maps have no leaks and have a skybox but the light_environment won't work so I went on interlopes.net and put in my compile log and this what I got on General information

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 226

MOCOLONI

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 16, 2014
Did you paste the full
yes, I am using normal no fast
Try using the "Expert" mode just in case (however, this could significantly increase the compile time depending on the map). If it still fails, please paste the compile log here.

Rocketboi

Mar 28, 2020
Did you paste the full

Try using the "Expert" mode just in case (however, this could significantly increase the compile time depending on the map). If it still fails, please paste the compile log here.
Question wheres expert mode?

Rocketboi

Mar 28, 2020
Did you paste the full

And yes I did paste the full compile

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Can you post your compile log here? Interlopers sometimes doesn't catch certain important errors.

Rocketboi

Mar 28, 2020
Can you post your compile log here? Interlopers sometimes doesn't catch certain important errors.
ok, this is my most recent compile.

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_icecap_a2.vmf"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (May 21 2020)
2 threads
materialPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\materials
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_icecap_a2.vmf
ConVarRef mat_reduceparticles doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Error: displacement found on a(n) func_detail entity - not supported (entity 169, brush 0)

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_icecap_a2"

vvis launcher error: can't load vvis_dll.dll
The specified procedure could not be found.

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_icecap_a2"

vrad_launcher error: can't load vrad_dll.dll
The specified procedure could not be found.

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_icecap_a2.bsp" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\maps\cp_icecap_a2.bsp"

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Nesman I like how you completely missed the fact that they're having the vvis_dll and vrad_dll missing error.

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Right. A couple things:
Error: displacement found on a(n) func_detail entity - not supported (entity 169, brush 0)
Don't turn displacements into func_detail, or any other kind of entity. Displacements are effectively (but not technically) considered to be func_detail. Manually func_detailing displacements is both redundant, and as you can see here, causes errors.

vvis launcher error: can't load vvis_dll.dll
vrad_launcher error: can't load vrad_dll.dll
These are also a problem, luckily the fix is as simple as installing this.

Startacker!

WANT ME TO BE REAL? MAKE ME.
aa
Jun 15, 2013
Nesman I like how you completely missed the fact that they're having the vvis_dll and vrad_dll missing error.
I’m just now seeing this, but I think it’s worth to form your posts beyond “gotchas” when responding in help threads.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
I’m just now seeing this, but I think it’s worth to form your posts beyond “gotchas” when responding in help threads.
In all fairness I was gonna explain the issue but found out that Spud Lord was literally about to post what he posted (we were chatting in the Discord server). Understandably i could've just not posted at all though :p

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I'm disappointed that Interlopers doesn't have those errors in their database.