The "I just got a hat" celebration thread

TheTurnip

L2: Junior Member
Mar 2, 2010
Been building up my supply of drops (decided to wait for pain train and daholks bar to drop instead of crafting for them). Still 6 scrap metal away, I believe.

But, I got the Scout's bald hat as a random drop! Yay! (I know a lot of people think it's not as nice as a "real" hat, but with my custom female scout model, it means I can see her hair! It's nice.)

Omnomnick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 16, 2009
I just found a Demoman's fro on my own map (pl_valley_a5) during a small test :)
It was weird because I was thinking how cool it would be to find a hat on my own map, and suddenly the demoman's face appeared.

Its also my second demoman hat find in a row, I found a Bonnet just before the War update at Christmas, and now I found this.

EDIT: And I have 3 refined, a Soldier token, 1 reclaimed and almost enough weapons to craft another 2 - I'll be crafting soon and uploading a video of it :)

Pooluke41

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 24, 2010
Yesterday, I forgot to write it, Found the Prussian Pickelhaube. Even though I want the Demo Pimp.

hpkomic

L1: Registered
Jun 30, 2009
I just got my frist random hat the other day, the baker boy.

I was pleased, but I will be truly happy when I get that train engineer cap for the Engineer.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
I finally got 3 refined metals, and I used them to craft a Magistrate's Mullet.

I then took the mullet and crafted it with the Tough Guy's Toque to make a Batter's Helm.

I walk away victorious.

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
I got Ritzy Ricks Hair Fixture yesterday through random drop (together with the chocolate bar).

It seems you do now get drops even when playing on a local server :O

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
I finally got 3 refined metals, and I used them to craft a Magistrate's Mullet.

I then took the mullet and crafted it with the Tough Guy's Toque to make a Batter's Helm.

I walk away victorious.
you crafted a toque? lol

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I can see crafting the mullet, but the toque? Why would you do that? :(

Because everyone has differing opinions, I'd craft the toque instantly, one of the worst hats available, whilst I'd keep the mullet cause it's just epic. Then I'd also be very disappoint in the resulting batters helm, I think I already crafted one of those away.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
You always have. The only requirement for getting them is being connected to the steam cloud and having a map loaded. Which is one reason I never understood the point of idle servers. :bored:

Really? I've played quite a bit with bots and only ever gotten items shortly after the update (5 in 5 hours). Since then, the drop rate's gone back to zero. I typically do sv_lan 0, sv_pure 1, ip <ip>:27015, sv_password, then reload the map and change the timelimit to 2 hours. Am I doing something wrong that would prevent items?

Back on topic, I did finally craft my metals: got the respectless rubber glove plus the sniper's yellow bandana. Sadly have not yet found the brain slug.

Also, I'm one of those saps who bought the Sam & Max game for the rabbit hat. :p

Kep

Omnomnick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 16, 2009
I just got a hat :)
Watch my video below to find out which one, I'll give you a clue. It's good.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3ykB91bycg"]YouTube- TF2 Hat Crafting #1 - Maggot![/nomedia]