The "I just got a hat" celebration thread

Cynick

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 7, 2010
Found a toque the other day. (I never play heavy, but my friend who plays heavy all the time is really jealous. :p)

I also have a Jarate headband and the glengarry bonnet from previous drops.

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
Anyone else really want this hat?
Brainslug.png

Love the Futurama reference.

...Oh, and I finally got me a heavy hat, the football helmet. Score.

Just got the brainslug today, actually. It's pretty unnoticeable but very cool. Plus, it adds color to the backpack, which is quite awesome.

T

The Asylum

Just got the heavy's toque. That's 2 hats in 24 hours

And I'm still just 1 scrap metal away from another hat.

So good.

Retroid

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 25, 2009
Still no hats... :(

Still I've only playing it a couple of hundred hours...

T

The Asylum

holy shit another hat

this time the baker boy cap

jesus I thought hats were supposed to be rare or something goddamn

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Soldier's Stash and Mining Light drops within 24 hours.

HOO RAH NECK SNAP.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Just found a Tyrant's Helm the other night. :)

I have enough metal to craft a specific hat (4 refined + pyro class token). I have a 100% chance of getting a hat I don't have, a 50% chance of getting a hat I really really want (respectless glove or brain slug), a 25% chance of getting a meh hat (fireman's helm) and a 25% chance of getting a hat I really really DO NOT want (beanie).

Saving my metal for now. Not crazy about those odds, given how freaking long it took to get the metal. Be nice if you could craft a token for a specific hat. :p

Kep

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
I found my first hat while playing the sunday gameday yesterday - A stainless pot, so not a bad one either :D Hatless no more. The only downside is that I have to play soldier, a class I suck hard at :p

WastedMeerkat

L3: Member
Aug 15, 2009
Ritzy F'ing Rick's Goddamn Hair Crap Fixative

DIE
That was my first and only hat, then I crafted a Baseball Helmet, then I crafted them together and got a Respectless Rubber Glove. On the downside, I don't play pyro much. On the up side, the Glove is THE BEST HAT IN TF2.

Also, I'm tempted to play pyro a lot more. Is this Valve's true intention of creating hats?

Last edited:

Spammish

Jan 2, 2010
Found a towering pillar of hats 2 days ago, I seem to get only good hats, current hat list is;
Tyrant's Helm
Killer's Kabuto
Backbiters Billycock
Camera Beard
Towering Pillar of Hats
Though I don't know if I like the pillar of hats so I might craft it with an extra camera beard :p

Dr. KillPatient

May 10, 2009
Killer's Kabuto, fuck yes. Now what do I do with my stash...

Jimmy

L420: High Member
Jul 6, 2009
crafted a hatless engie :D now only 2 refined and 1 demo token away from an awesome hat.....