The Frontline! Community Project - 1.2 IS LIVE!

Rose Snowflake

L1: Registered
Jul 27, 2016
Is it at all possible to use the lander up and down variants to animate and be used as a door?

and if not, is it possible for someone to make said animation?

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Is there still no deadline? I'm afraid I can only start working on August 14
There will only be a deadline once Valve gives the official go-ahead for this to become official.

Monster Killer

Nov 24, 2009
Hey. Loving this pack!
However, I wondered if someone could help me, I'm having issues with the sandbag sections, they seem to be lit/look different
20160730222031_2.jpg

There are 2 of the "middle" sections next to each other there (with a left and right end) but one section looks lighter than the others. The map does contain lighting, mostly spot lights around this area, however the issue does seem to occur with most sandbag walls I've built and on different section types.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Hey. Loving this pack!
However, I wondered if someone could help me, I'm having issues with the sandbag sections, they seem to be lit/look different
20160730222031_2.jpg

There are 2 of the "middle" sections next to each other there (with a left and right end) but one section looks lighter than the others. The map does contain lighting, mostly spot lights around this area, however the issue does seem to occur with most sandbag walls I've built and on different section types.

Because of the way Source handles lighting, it doesn't properly light models with bumpmaps even with fancy light settings and modularity. You're gonna have to use an info_lighting to link all the sandbags in that area to have proper lighting without changes or seams.

Monster Killer

Nov 24, 2009
Because of the way Source handles lighting, it doesn't properly light models with bumpmaps even with fancy light settings and modularity. You're gonna have to use an info_lighting to link all the sandbags in that area to have proper lighting without changes or seams.

Thanks for the reply. Would you happen to know where a good position for the info_lighting would be relative to the sandbag, I've never used them before but have given it a try just above and inside to the side of the model with some improving but some still having a variation to the one next to it. And I assume each model would need it's own info_lighting?

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Thanks for the reply. Would you happen to know where a good position for the info_lighting would be relative to the sandbag, I've never used them before but have given it a try just above and inside to the side of the model with some improving but some still having a variation to the one next to it. And I assume each model would need it's own info_lighting?

Multiple models can share the same entity, and you'd need to do that in order for them all to receive the same light source and look seamless in their lighting.

As for placement, it's a lot of trial and error to get exactly what you want, but directly above the sandbag models is a good starting point.

AlexCookie

Suspect of eating cookies alive
aa
Apr 21, 2016
You're of course free to make whatever additional assets suit your needs, and you're free to distribute them as you please.
I mean, is it possible to include them in "Frontline! Supply Drop v 1.1" pack?
I am trying not to be too intrusive.
This is something that the frontline pack is missing, hope to see more stuff in the future

Last edited:

Wkay

Feb 6, 2016
I really hope that there's a v1.2 for the supply drop to include more models for certain gamemodes like Capture the Flag, Capture Points, Special Delivery, etc.

BenCo

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 30, 2015
While I was designing my map, a koth map, I was having an idea to make flag for red and blu. Maybe after capturing a control point it can change to the current team's flag. And when no one captured yet the control point it could be white. (If I get to home i may even try to model it)

Hotel Detective

L4: Comfortable Member
Dec 10, 2014
While I was designing my map, a koth map, I was having an idea to make flag for red and blu. Maybe after capturing a control point it can change to the current team's flag. And when no one captured yet the control point it could be white. (If I get to home i may even try to model it)
I actually did this with my KotH map: https://tf2maps.net/downloads/koth_remnant.1885/
You might not want to do what I did and put it in the middle of the capture zone with collision

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Really digging the modular props in this pack. Would it be possible to get a sandbag prop that's a transition from short to tall? And also three- and four-way hedge junctions so I can make a proper hedge maze? :chord:

The Letter Before A

Cool Idiot
Jul 15, 2016
Okay for continuity I made a custom texture for the map I'm working on cp_collider.
Please consider using it as a overlay.
Like I said continuity.

Attachments

• place in signs.zip
    30.4 KB · Views: 142