TF2Maps Presents: The Summer 2016 72hr TF2Jam!

Flipy

I like foxes
aa
Jul 20, 2016

action

L2: Junior Member
Jul 11, 2016
you can wear my

tf2maps shirt

BlockBuilder57

L1: Registered
Apr 25, 2015
I'm gonna make a poster of Crash's map in SFM, so if he gets behind in what he wants, can my time be 'flexible'?

I'm still going to do it in 72hrs, because SFM is ezpz.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
48 Hours Remaining! More or less.

Let me quickly run through some things that have come up:
  • We've got well over a hundred entries already! This is by a very long way the largest event we've ever ran - thank you all so much for being a part of it. I can't wait to see what you guys come up witth next.
  • The EU server isn't recording Demos. We're working on this, but don't know if it'll be fixed by the end - if you really want a demo of your map, make sure to add that as a note when you submit it so we can play it on the US or AUS server.
  • To clarify: Medals won't come out until after the jam - probably within a week, but we're having so many entries it might take a little longer to get through them all. I'll let you know in this thread when they're sent out - don't panic about if you should have got one until that goes out.
If you want feedback or technical advice, or just someone to gush at the pretty thing you made, join our group chat and we can answer you much quicker than the thread. We're also the best place to go to get your map tested (plus, we had 94 people in chat at the same time yesterday, and I want to see if we can hit the big one hundred!)

Seitan

L3: Member
Oct 30, 2015
I see a lot of maps and content without thumbnails, and even without any images, it would be good if people actually uploads images about their entrys to the TF2jam.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Most people do! in most cases it takes some time to upload images as far as I know.

SirDapper

Jul 22, 2016
HkoAqfm.png
well... progress? totally need to smoothen it and complete the front texture. I guess this is how crude first item attempts are

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
I imagine this would go to WiP in WiP thread. Though I'd also ask, what is this in the first place?

SirDapper

Jul 22, 2016
Well I am planning on making one of those race tags that people wear while running a marathon for scout, it will be placed on his leg. I drew a concept earlier and I am mainly looking for feedback

SirDapper

Jul 22, 2016
wuW3SSG.png

Now I am looking for criticism, what would make this look better any suggestions, should I add a border to it, maybe just add a top bar, let me know since this is in pact my first model

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Now I am looking for criticism, what would make this look better any suggestions, should I add a border to it, maybe just add a top bar, let me know since this is in pact my first model

I think you should add a light gray border around the sign, and I think you should change the "2fort 2K dash" to "Mann Co. Annual 200k Dash. You should also also change the font for both that and the number to "Big Noodle Tilting", which is used for Mann Co. signs in-game.