TF2Maps Presents: The Summer 2016 72hr TF2Jam!

SirDapper

L1: Registered
Jul 22, 2016
I still don't know how to upload a maya binary file, I tried to do what the other guy stated but it still does not work anyone know how to really upload a maya file?

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
I still don't know how to upload a maya binary file, I tried to do what the other guy stated but it still does not work anyone know how to really upload a maya file?
You put the file in Dropbox. Create a new download on this site, set it to Other Resources. Go to Dropbox.com, search for your maya file. You can now make it publicly available by sharing it, and Dropbox will give you a link. Put that in the download you created here, and boom, done.

SirDapper

Jul 22, 2016
Well here it is, the final product of my first team fortress two model project. I decided now was the best time to start because of the event. I hope you enjoy!
Link: http://tf2maps.net/downloads/runners-rankings.2020/
89qaKRX.png

1blitzer1

Jul 21, 2016
So, hey. I guess this is my submission. I hope you all like it. I may change it a bit before I get a texturer and upload it to the workshop, so this will probably not be the final product. But hey, I can only do so much with my 72 Hours.

Oh, and by the way...

This is kind of my first 3D model, so sorry if it's really bad. Like, just look at the gun's handle. Ew.

Anyways, I tried 5 different file types and couldn't get them uploaded straight to the website, so I'm sorry about that. I decided to put them all in a folder on google drive so that you can download them and judge them and all. Here is that link:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0JaUhhTcKaZVGlQSVYtUGEyWjA&usp=sharing

I had a lot of fun with this and will be practicing a bit more in the future. I hope I can participate in the next Jam!
Good luck to those who haven't finished yet, I hope you make the deadline ;D

EDIT:
Can someone tell me if this is a valid entry or not? It doesn't have a texture or a download link directly through the website...

Last edited:

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Can someone tell me if this is a valid entry or not? It doesn't have a texture or a download link directly through the website...

You need to create it as a download as seen in the "How To Enter" post. You can create a download without an uploaded file by setting the category to "Other Resources."

LeSwordfish

aa
Aug 8, 2010
24 Hours Left! More or less.

A quick update on what's going on:
  • Yes, the site was down! It was caused by our redirect being full - we cleared out a load of stuff (including 14gb of old log files, oops!) so everything should be working again.
  • I was interviewed on KritzKast to talk about the jam - that should be up to hear soon.
  • We now have over 270 entries! This is a great number - I wonder if we can hit 350 by the end. This might mean a little more delay before the showcase post and medals, though.
Make sure to familiarise yourself with the how to enter post (oh god please do, im so tired of repeating it to people). Remember, if you haven't done what it says in that post, you don't get the medal! And if you haven't yet, join the steam chat to say hello.

1blitzer1

Jul 21, 2016
You need to create it as a download as seen in the "How To Enter" post. You can create a download without an uploaded file by setting the category to "Other Resources."
Oh, I see. Just curious, what file type should I use? Is .blend okay, or should I export it to something else (I can't do source engine)...

LeSwordfish

aa
Aug 8, 2010

Flipy

I like foxes
aa
Jul 20, 2016
Shoutout to swordfish for putting up with all of us in a calm and cool manner