TF2Maps.net Mapping Contest #5: The Art Pass Contest

Nov 14, 2009
How do you add bots to the map? I mean, the ones that move. Is that possible?

Do you mean for playtesting?
Put these into the console, in sequence:

sv_cheats 1
nav_generate
(the map will reload)
tf_bot_add (#)

If your talking about those silly ones in thunder mt, then just decompile the VMF, and copy them.

Nine, I would like to note that adding a prop like the dump truck, or the hydro barrier in a gameplay area would be considered a major change.

Question: Is making skill-jumps/rocket jump ledges considered major changes?

Swordz

L5: Dapper Member
Jun 27, 2009
Do you mean for playtesting?
Put these into the console, in sequence:

sv_cheats 1
nav_generate
(the map will reload)
tf_bot_add (#)

If your talking about those silly ones in thunder mt, then just decompile the VMF, and copy them.

Nine, I would like to note that adding a prop like the dump truck, or the hydro barrier in a gameplay area would be considered a major change.

Question: Is making skill-jumps/rocket jump ledges considered major changes?

I was talking about the ones that play with you. Worked, thanks

cornontheCoD

L420: High Member
Mar 25, 2008
who cares. make your map. quit talking about it

I think people are worried that they would be immediately disqualified if they made any changes to gameplay, no matter how good the detailing is. I know I was. Now that it's cleared up, I can relax a little.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
One thing about being a level designer is to work with what you've been given, not to bitch and moan because YOU don't like it. Valve's detailing team doesn't complain because the layout team does something they dislike, they work with it and adapt.

Is this "from the source" and expresses Valve's corporate culture? Because it's not unknown for people "further along the assembly line" for software etc. to give some pushback in terms of design.

rawr901

L1: Registered
Jul 19, 2010
Where is the download ...

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
When the contest is over, will the top10 entries be ranked? I don't like thiscontest so much, because everyone's (except the winner) work will go to waste. The lease that could be done is acknowledgment of the other good entries existing. Atleast in the other contests if you didn't win, you had a map people could still play.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I might be interested in a larger model of the skybox hay barrel. Should i just make a request thread in the model sub forum and expect you to take a peek?

Swordz

L5: Dapper Member
Jun 27, 2009
The map is full of glitches lol. you can put sticky bombs at the setup doors and the right door on the blu spawn doesn't open if two people touches it at the same time (if you're playing with bots you're screwed because they will not move haha)