TF2Maps.net Mapping Contest #5: The Art Pass Contest

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I'm baffled that zpq is still a moderator. If you're not going to do your job, at least tell us why. Or talk to us for God's sake. I don't know about you others, but I sure don't want a community run partly by some guy who never shows up and screws up so much.

Please, zpq. Take your job seriously or don't take it at all.

zpqrei

Theme Changer Extraordinaire
aa
Oct 19, 2008
There's a lot of hate going on here and frankly it's kinda immature and childish. YM, if you can't take a joke without considering it to be the word of god then there isn't much hope.

It is a mapping contest, and it's suppost to be fun, and it has been, but with this shitstorm I'm beginning to question it.

As for this whole communication thing - Owl is uploading the pack which will be emailed to Valve yes, but if anyone doesn't think I'm involved massively is greatly mistaken.

I hate to be so negative regarding the community I love so much and have done so much on behalf of, but this really isn't funny. It makes me question why I bother if all I get is shit back saying I'm not doing my job properly.

EDIT: muffin, I'm appaled at that attack on me personally.

Last edited:

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I can't say I'm sorry for being worried about whether you're actually doing things on time when all I have to go by is (on first sight?) contradicting evidence delivered from your mouth, especially when the joke with YM you're talking about is a fairly serious matter and not necessarily possible to "get" simply by reading it. But I can't say my post was in any way an "attack", however you'd define that, more an expression of concern.

If you are indeed doing your duty, that's good. Carry on and thank you. But when so many people are lead to believe that you're being lazy (the post with the unread PMs really made me question you), I don't think it's only our fault.

Point of the post; Coming across as (and being) trustworthy is very important.

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I am sorry that you see this contest and getting our entries to valve in a timely manner to be a joke.

I offered to do uploading for you yesterday, but you turned me down. There are several other mods who could also be doing some of this, there are no excuses.

There is no hate, just disappointment that you are not responding to people's PMs (how long does it take to send a one sentence acknowledgement of their updated submission?) or sending the maps to valve.

Draco18s

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 19, 2009
*Sigh*
Did my updated map get sent to Valve, or my original one (eg. the one lacking some 2 dozen textures)?

Because I still don't know!

Nov 14, 2009
Uh what? YM was not in charge of picking the game mode. In the end it was I-D's job and YM was forced to go almost with it. Also the contest for the most part ran smoothly and all the bumbs in the road were more often then not ID's fault.

btw zpq and ym, my post was a joke, so dont be offended by the blatantly offensive content of it :p
^^^^^

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Look, I don't care about all the name calling and bad mouthing,

SOMEONE send the entries in.

Rasputin

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2008
Duuuuuuuuudes, chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllll.

Mellow oooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttt. Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit eaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy my broooooooooooos.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
If it's taking so long to upload 2 gb of maps, then what's wrong with emailing them the links to the maps to download separately?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
...But when so many people are lead to believe that you're being lazy (the post with the unread PMs really made me question you), I don't think it's only our fault...

You're all making yourselves histerical. Someone uninvolved makes a wild statement and suddenly everyone shits their pants. You're all acting like if a mistake is made it can't be resolved. Given the amount of effort and time everyone's put into this i think it goes without saying the mods will do everything to get the right map in; save the crucifiction until after the deed. Because all this flying shit isn't helping anyone and is antagonising a panic.

Last edited: