Team Fortress 2 classic: PLEASE GIVE THIS MOD ATTENTION

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
So, I'm curious how they got ahold of the source code for TF2. Even if it's based on the initial release, I thought the actual source code was never available to the public.

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
it does sound a bit illegal

I was thinking more along the lines of impossible; if there was a leak at some point I definitely never heard about it.

PC's_Frank

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 29, 2012
Just make sure you post the new VNN video about the mod. Suffice to say, we had some problems with the old one.

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
I THINK what that the orange box version of TF2 is different than the steam version, and has never gotten updated, so that would be viable to use as a base.

Another Bad Pun

In the shadows, he saw four eyes lit by fire
aa
Jan 15, 2011
There's also the TF2 Beta
B1

Kraken

Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess
Dec 21, 2014
I have tried over 5 times.
I really hope that they make a video tutorial.

Anreol

L2: Junior Member
Feb 21, 2015
What about 2Koth?
2 Control points. (So not everyone is fighting for a single point)
Just like normal koth, but if the same team gets the 2 control points, the timer goes x2 faster.

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
I've said this before but it bears repeating: If a timer goes twice as fast, then it's not an accurate timer anymore. A better way to do it is to have neither timer count down unless both points are owned by the same team, and maybe reduce the starting time if rounds end up dragging on too long.

And KOTH in this game should be doable; I'm all but certain the first KOTH map I saw was actually a custom map made before it became an official mode (either that or the HUD entities were added to the game in secret before Viaduct was released, and people figured out how to use them).

wareya

L420: High Member
Jun 17, 2012
DKotH is done well in Gang Garrison 2 and I have a GG2-style DKotH map for TF2 that I stopped working on because the layout is finished and I'm down to custom content issues before detailing.